The All-Inclusive Fall Megadive Thread (October 3-5 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YaY Dawn !!! (smile) :D

The tired but HAPPY Beano ... :D

(more later too)

P.S. Can you say: "ONE AWESOME GALAXY DIVE :D :D :D "

4 dives in 24 hours along with a cold have kicked my butt. I think I might start a career of tightrope walking, that was fun....

Melissa loves all of you and had a wonderful time! Thank you Scubaboard for making a total stranger who doesn't even dive have a blast!!!!

Now I really need to focus on this history paper....ugh...

Awesome Weekend, thanks all for making a transplant feel welcome, I look forward to diving with all of you someday. and that Galaxy Dive was AWESOME!!! the most fun I have had with a wetsuit on woohoo

Unexpected events kept me up late Thursday night, not packing for the weekend. So I had to pack Friday mornign, and so didn't get to Ginnie till after 3. Got set up, and then did an evening cave dive with Jeandiver and DA Aquamaster. Just a short one to get tuned up.

Then came the bonfire. Let's just say that DSW caused me to spit Warsteiner out of my nose on multiple occasions.

Saturday morning breakfast omelets were improved upon even more by the addition of tortillas to wrap them in. Thanks to Roxanne, Ken, and Dawn the Illustrious for the cooking of the omelets. Thanks to me for the coffee.:D

Two more cave dives followed. Very good ones for me, as I got to see new sections of cave, and spent considerable time further exploring sections that I have seen before. Thanks, guys. These were some very special dives for me.

A community dinner, then came the Galaxy Dive. This was one of the very best that we have done to date.

More bonfire frivolity followed. I turned in earlier than normal for me, but had plenty of fun. Several newbie initiation rituals took place, as the grass skirt was brought out.

Today was packing up and saying goodbye.

Congrats to Scuba Jenny on her 500th dive, JahJah on gaining Conch approval for his dating plans, and ScubaCrab + Melissa for surviving their Conch initiation ceremonies.

And Jameson is officially the most handsome baby on ScubaBoard. It was great to get slapped in the face by that handsome young devil.

BigDog, good meeting ya and hope to see ya on the next megadive in the spring. You might need your drysuit by then! :rofl3:
And cause you didn't bring it this time, you will need to bring a bottle of rum to the campsite. It's the noobs job.. :wink:

Hey Gang! It's me...Melissa...Scubacrab's squeeze! We had a wonderful time and very much enjoyed meeting all of you, even though we had to muddle through the grass skirt initiation...hehe...we had fun! We are looking forward to getting together with you all again soon!

Hiya PW1!! Glad you could join us.. however, next time we are taking the iPOD away from you. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Hiya PW1!! Glad you could join us.. however, next time we are taking the iPOD away from you. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
Jenny...that was the other Melissa...Jah's Jah's Melissa....and I completely agree! We definitely need to bring additional tunage next time!

I am exhausted! 5 good cave dives plus the galaxy dive made for one incredible weekend.

So, when is the spring Mega-Dive?

MEGADIVE #10!!!!
Nuff sed? Obviously F-N KNOT! :wink:

K... checked in at 1pm with Lil'B, Took the rest of the day to setup as I was kickin back! Only one car parked at Ginnie, and zero cars or camps setup all the way to the roost! Met up with some new friends and was personally introduced at one of the two sorority functions near the campsite. Unfortunately, they weren't staying past Saturday afternoon or the campfire would have been rolling!

By evening, we had a large number of attendees and Friday night's fireside activities spawned a lot of new terms and bad ideas. So, typical SB activity.

Saturday afternoon, the chef whipped up a lot of different items from burgers and dogs, to Brots and venison. For our veggie lovers, he even brought a wok for the megagrill and kung-powed some quick stirfry for the fest! Even with an ambulance parked near the grill and a stretcher passing behind him twice, he kept cookin'!

That evening kicked the comraderie into high gear with ski-jinx by bookends, and a double whammo from the whiskey soaked chef himself with MP3Master. (ya like?)
The Andyman was sorely missed as Jahjah's awesome new ladyfriend, Melissa siezed the mp3 player of doom and made it her own (even if only for the first 20 seconds of every song like I do at home). She, and the other noobs did an awesome job in the grass skirt dance off, but Cuzzin It and Rastaman made an incredible appearance. Much fun was had by the heat of the blaze.
So much for the F-N Aggravated Charcoal and Scuttlebutts!
Thx for all the lumber and oak!

Another very successful megadive to close out the year. Thx especially to Beano as a major contributor in MANY ways, Da Fool for giving me some much needed rest from planning, and 2 Dawn for setting the Tiki Torches so the drunks could at least see what we were staggering into or tripping over. Roxy and Zard for all the food and fun, and many others for the help in planning and setup of the event, or contributing in any way. I am looking forward to the Spring Megadive and would like to see it themed as well. Perhaps the April 3-5 weekend? A Maui Megadive Maybe?

To all who showed, I hope it was worth the effort,
to all who didn't... :mooner: :lotsalove:

Actually, to all who didn't make it, you were missed! It was another fun event that I wish more people could attend. Many great friendships have been made and strengthened by megadives and I am very proud that it has become such an incredible and well sought event. To any that didn't make it, look to the Venice Turkey Dive! Same fun, same great people and awesome food, different location. It was a great kick for the 10th Megadive!

See ya in the spring! Hopefully many times before and many more after!

Now... where are the blackmail pix?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom