The All-Inclusive Fall Megadive Thread (October 3-5 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, it was great. Wish you were there too...

That's where Jeff and I went on Saturday night...it's so nifty back there!! Amazingly beautiful cave!

I only wish I had more time to spend at megadive...honestly I was going to come earlier on Friday and wanted to dive with more people, but I ended up asking a girl out a few weeks back and wanted her to meet my parents, so we stayed at my place for dinner on Friday before heading out to Megadive :D Then I had to get out fast on Sunday because of an History midterm paper.... But it really was good to see all of you again, and to meet some of you that I'd never met before!!!
We have to have a serious talk about priorities.

1. You need to learn to focus on what really matters in life and that will probably require getting the GF addicted to cave diving and then cave certified. It will really be better for both of you in the end.

2. The need to blend cave dving with History term papers are why wet notes were invented - just bring a bunch on the dive and write the paper during the deco stops.

We have to have a serious talk about priorities.

1. You need to learn to focus on what really matters in life and that will probably require getting the GF addicted to cave diving and then cave certified. It will really be better for both of you in the end.

2. The need to blend cave dving with History term papers are why wet notes were invented - just bring a bunch on the dive and write the paper during the deco stops.

WoW! Awesome advice. Also, with getting the GF certified, she can't control the iPOD!!!:rofl3::rofl3:

Oh no, I'd end up having to buy her one of those underwater mp3 gizmos.....

Fortunately, she has bad joints, and would never be able to manage carrying gear around or swimming with it very much. She used to be a competitive swimmer in high school kind of (in other words, she wasn't the school hero but she was on the team for a while), but she couldn't swim the mile that I usually end up swimming on many dives nowadays, especially with all of the gear, and even more so since her joints have gotten worse since high school :D If she could dive, and already had OW down, I'd totally get her addicted :D She really loved snorkeling around on the surface, and was very curious about what the cave looked like so we spent some quality time watching some cave videos together :D

Then we went out and captured animals and played with the sun.....she was nice enough to delay the walk while I cleaned all the scuba gear out of my truck though :D I love this girl :D

5756cropped on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
5790sun on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Glad you all had a nice time, wish I could have gone....maybe next year. I did however have a very nice time in Aruba

JAhJah-- I know of a few people who are not up to long swims. They still dive though. They drop in shallow reef and pretty much hang around one area playing with the tropicals. I'd be happy to be tethered to the boat and lowered in the water for an hour then hoisted up.

RUM TOTE--- that thing has been around! I figured some Somalian Pirates would have captured it by now.

...but I ended up asking a girl out a few weeks back and wanted her to meet my parents, so we stayed at my place for dinner on Friday before heading out to Megadive :D Then I had to get out fast on Sunday because of an History midterm paper....

1) Does Melissa know about this girl you asked out? OOPS! Guess she does NOW!!!
2) had to get out fast because of a paper, or because Melissa was about to meet the OTHER girl you asked out? OOPS again!

I'll go back to cooking now,... OOOOOOO an MP3 player!!!

1) Does Melissa know about this girl you asked out? OOPS! Guess she does NOW!!!
2) had to get out fast because of a paper, or because Melissa was about to meet the OTHER girl you asked out? OOPS again!

I'll go back to cooking now,... OOOOOOO an MP3 player!!!

haha!

The other night we made omelettes in a bag and they were good butnot megadive good..... i broke one open too in the pot that wasn't good :D

Greetings my Conch Constituents,

It was most unfortunate that I missed your annual get together this fall. It would appear that my personal assistant has not been keeping tabs on Scubaboard as directed. This oversight has already been ... shall we say, remedied. She has been set adrift towards the Gulf, in an area heavily populated by the Rabid Otter vermin. She shall not darken my door again.

However, for the future, and highly anticipated Spring Megadive, I anticipate my presence. I shall be living in Jacksonville for four months next year due to a commercial diving class I'll be taking. This timeframe apparently will overlap our usual meeting time, and therefor the River Otter Summit will be complete, the HIGH COUNCIL OF SCUBABOARD WILL BE PRESENT, AND I PITY THOSE WHO DO NOT TAKE OUR THREAT SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Viva la High Council, viva la scubaboard, and all that other revolutionary drivel...

But seriously, and so nobody thinks I need to be heavily medicated (usually) or that I'm part of the tin foil hat brigade:
Keep me posted if I'm not around Ken or David... I may be stuck in Jax without transportation, or maybe not, depending on how things play out. But I hope things will work out for me to have transportation, and be able to attend. (Bet you guys never figured I'd go pro diver huh....heh heh heh...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom