Thanksgiving week dive at Texoma 11/24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yellowfin: if you want I can see about bringing my mom's mongo crockpot and some cider and cinnamon sticks. Do you have power in the popup. We could go freeze under water and come back to a hot beverage.

Let me know...

Instead of taking the pop-up, after our first dive, we're all going to head over to the house, and have snacks and drinks here. We only live about 10 minutes from Eisenhower Park. Since this is kind of a holiday thing, we thought that would be more fun than the pop-up. Cider sounds great! I had planned on hot chocolate, but cider would be good too.

Rhonda

OK - I am trying to con David into driving up with me. But he may be feeling 'delicate' that morning so we'll see... I'll pester him to move his going out to Friday...

How long does is take to drive to Texoma from downtown Dallas? Anyone know so I can time my 10:30 arrival? Is it an hour??

Also - diving in 72 degrees today in Aquarena (dive report to come) and I was a diver-sicle by the end of 2 dives. If it's below 70 then I may just knit on shore....

Oh yeah, below 70 defenitely. No question about that. It's 7 mm city up here in North Texas. Crap, it's 32 deg air temp up here right now. But by the time you gear up and walk down to the water, it will feel soooooooo good!:D

From downtown Dallas take 75 North all the way to 91 highway just north of Denison. Go north on 91 until you see the damn over Texoma and take a left. I believe it's county road 1310. Go 1.8 miles from 91 on 1310 until you get to the entrance to Eisenhower Park. Pay your 3 bucks at the gate then drive to the parking area by the entrance to the steps of pain. I would figure on about an hour and 20 minutes from deep into Dallas. I know Plano is right at 45 minutes from our house, and our house is 10 minutes away from Eisenhower park. Add the 20 to 30 minutes of Dallas traffic, and there ya go, an hour and 20 minutes or so.

Viz will be anywhere from 3 feet,(I've never NOT been able to see my hand with my flashlight), to about 10 feet. There are some rocks to see, and if we're lucky, we'll see a few catfish. The biggest I've seen out there had to be all of 45 lbs. It almost spanned three divers shoulder to shoulder. It's an interesting place to dive and the park is a very nice park. Lot's of trees and walking trails.

The *parking area by the entrance to the steps of pain* Kory is referring to, is otherwise known as the swim beach area. Ask whoever you give your money to at the gate to direct you to the swim beach.

Rhonda:D

From downtown Dallas take 75 North all the way to 91 highway just north of Denison. Go north on 91 until you see the damn over Texoma and take a left. I believe it's county road 1310. Go 1.8 miles from 91 on 1310 until you get to the entrance to Eisenhower Park. Pay your 3 bucks at the gate then drive to the parking area by the entrance to the steps of pain. I would figure on about an hour and 20 minutes from deep into Dallas. I know Plano is right at 45 minutes from our house, and our house is 10 minutes away from Eisenhower park. Add the 20 to 30 minutes of Dallas traffic, and there ya go, an hour and 20 minutes or so.

It's spelled D-A-M. Damn is when you're upset. :D

Hee!! Too funny!!

Ok - I'll look at ninish.... The dive this AM was beautiful... 42 air temp meant the water did feel warm. :)

Do they have showers at this park of yours??? I will not be able to break down my gear if I am a diver-sicle. So I will need a warm shower or a sherpa. Which one will be available??? :D

Hee!! Too funny!!

Ok - I'll look at ninish.... The dive this AM was beautiful... 42 air temp meant the water did feel warm. :)

Do they have showers at this park of yours??? I will not be able to break down my gear if I am a diver-sicle. So I will need a warm shower or a sherpa. Which one will be available??? :D

Yes, they have showers. I'm not sure exactly how close they are to the swim beach though. I recommend lining your trunk with a tarp, so you can just throw the whole thing in, get in your car, turn on your heated seats, and warm up on the way to the house.:wink:

Rhonda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom