thanks to the scubateer crew, and passanger i made it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RYCO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
so i went out on the scubateer on th 28th. great group. highly recomend it.

i had only done my cert dives when i went out with them. at about 60 ft deep my reg was real hard to breathe through. real hard. i signaled to them that some thing was wrong and they came over, they were real close anyway, and made sure i didnt bolt to the top. they kept me calm on the out side but i was real scared on the inside. they were working with the reg to see if they could fix it but no dice, i was really struggeling to breathe. i had to buddy breathe to the top while holding on to them, letting them control the accent, i didnt want to panic and go to fast. i was real impresed with them and how they handled it. freaked the heck out of me. but i changed regs, i had 2 with me, ( i want to point out that this was my equipment, not theirs,) and they took me back down when i was ready. i was real greatful for the experience, though i hope to never go through it again, and was glad Neil (one of the other passangers) and the scubateer crew was there. thanks again.

what did i learn?
never try out equipment on a deep dive, 60 was the deepest i had gone so far
never trust even a freind that says the gear has been serviced (with out a showing a recipt)that hes trying to sale you

Good for you!! You overcame your natural fears and handled this just as you ought . . . be proud of yourself!

Oh, yeah -- where did you go and why didn't you take me with you???? (Sierra Vista)

what did i learn?
never try out equipment on a deep dive, 60 was the deepest i had gone so far
never trust even a freind that says the gear has been serviced (with out a showing a recipt)that hes trying to sale you

Newly serviced gear is some of the easiest to fail. I see it on the boat all the time. Don't blame your buddy, he probably did have it recently serviced.

Nice job staying alive, by the way.

Frank

Newly serviced gear is some of the easiest to fail. I see it on the boat all the time. Don't blame your buddy, he probably did have it recently serviced.

Nice job staying alive, by the way.

Frank

another thing learned

thanks frank

jax, if you ever down/ up here hit the scubateer up. great boat to dive from

I'm down . . . way down . . . SE of Tucson about 5 mi from the boarder.

Where is the Scubateer? Lake Pleasant?

sorry, yeah pleasant.

$%^^&^% I don't know how I got so perfectly space 6 hours from pleasant and 6 hours from San Carlos. Cheez.

Hey - you watch your depth up there, okay! Get some fun practicing buoyancy and what-not, then go for your AOW. Glad to hear you passed your first real-word test . . . too bad it was so early . .

yeah but in a strange way, im glad it happened on my first dive "out of school" and it went well. i know things are going to happen, im glad it happened in good company. next time ill be more confident knowing that atleast i can keep my head on straight if / when someting goes wrong...... at least i think i can.

yeah but in a strange way, im glad it happened on my first dive "out of school" and it went well. i know things are going to happen, im glad it happened in good company. next time ill be more confident knowing that atleast i can keep my head on straight if / when someting goes wrong...... at least i think i can.

I have thousands of dives. When a reg goes bad underwater, it's all I can do to keep it together. What helped for me is a completely redundant air source. I dive with a 13 ft3 pony with a redundant regulator bungeed around my neck. You might check something like that out next time you're in the shop.

Frank

thanks, i did have a 3 ft spare air, but i also had 2 dive buddys with me. ill get a pony bottle one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom