Thanks to Bob and Lynne!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I wanted to thank Bob and Lynne for all their hospitality this Turkey holiday! It was quite a treat to dive with the two of you. I had a chance to see "the office" first hand, although all those pesky seals silted out the place. :wink: Bob was kind enough to point out a hiding octopus, but after being attacked by a viscious starfish, I decided it would be better to keep my distance and not stick my head too close. The view at the office after a night dive is spectacular.

The temps and vis are similar to the Great Lakes, but that is where the similarities end. :D Besides the salt and the currents, there is wildlife in spades- ling cods, warbonnets, moon snails, the deadly starfish, hermit crabs, nudibranchs, and pluerosis anemones that look like cauliflower.

It was a pleasure meeting the rest of the local wildlife- Cheng, Mark, Richard, and Melody. Lynne is quite the character above and below the water. She looks quite comfortable in her doubles beneath the surface, and equally comfortable mentoring above. I think it will only be a matter of time before she's teaching. :wink: I certainly learned a lot just being able to pick her brain about anything and everything dive related.

Thanks again for making the diving easy and memorable this Turkey holiday.

It was a pleasure diving with you, Tony ... hope we can do it again sometime ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

wow, Tony....glad you made it over there. We want pictures. How was the turkey?

No pictures from this trip, unless Bob managed to snap a couple through the seal silt on Wednesday night.

It was great fun to meet you and thanks for the excuse to take a couple of days off to go diving (like I need an excuse) and I apologize for being unable to resist the temptation to point out ALL the big ling cod at Edmonds . . . :)

It was actually pretty funny. He was worried about it, and then he saw my doubles regs. The threads on the DIN connectors aren't pretty -- they have a thin layer of corrosion. He asked me how long I had had them, and I said I bought them a couple of months ago. He got this horrified look on his face, until I told him I bought them from Andrew Georgitsis, which means they've probably got several THOUSAND dives on them.

I think he thought his regs were going to corrode into uselessness instantly!

So DIE, we convince you to relocate here yet?

Tony, glad you had a great time in Seattle! So did I when I was there, although I hung out with a slightly different crowd. I had my own personal photographer when I was there in the form of Bob Lew, a person the people you dove with is familiar with. I will show you those pics sometime.

Too bad you missed my fresh water drift dive, although I still felt the need to hose off my dive stuff afterward. The St. Joseph River in Michigan! 3 foot viz and giant clams to do battle with! Can't beat it!

Tony,

Glad you got to dive with two of my favorite people.

Next time, we'll be sure to tell the seals to stay away, that isn't very welcoming of them . . .

-Doug

Back
Top Bottom