Thank you United Airlines ... NOT!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or people expecting things to go nicely with connecting flights these days.
If I'm going to a destination where I booked to start on a specific day and can't get there with a nonstop or a very long same-day layover, I'll book a night in a hotel near the connecting airport rather than expect a short-ish same-day connection to work out as advertised.

You offer a product at a price, I agree to terms and I should not expect to receive said product under established terms? You order a pizza, I deliver some wheat flour, whole milk, oregano and garlic seeds. You say oh well, I should have ordered from the pricier joint a few blocks over?

Why don't we hear these complaints so much about Delta to Bonaire? The complaints are usually about American, the cheapest, occasionally about United.

All the airlines are going through turmoil right now. American just announced they are preemptively cancelling a bunch of flights in November.

I'm expecting the remaining major carriers to do something similar.

Do you subscribe to a lot of conspiracy theories? 🤔
No, I don't give much, if any, credence to conspiracy theories. Nor do I give any to self-righteous people that make sarcastic replies to posts. I do expect a business to honor the commitments it makes, especially after having accepted payment for the intended service.

Drip Dry, you think you have solved your itinerary problem by switching from United to AA. Good luck with that as AA has been switching itineraries like crazy.

Why don't we hear these complaints so much about Delta to Bonaire? The complaints are usually about American, the cheapest, occasionally about United.

No, I don't give much, if any, credence to conspiracy theories. Nor do I give any to self-righteous people that make sarcastic replies to posts. I do expect a business to honor the commitments it makes, especially after having accepted payment for the intended service.
Solution: don't fly anywhere anymore.

You offer a product at a price, I agree to terms and I should not expect to receive said product under established terms? You order a pizza, I deliver some wheat flour, whole milk, oregano and garlic seeds. You say oh well, I should have ordered from the pricier joint a few blocks over?
So you do understand.

yes, you should assume that low prices come with crappy service. You should accept it and be grateful that you were treated like cattle. Later, when you hear about that pizza joint requesting government subsidies, you should also call your congress-rat and tell them to approve extra subsidies.

While I completely agree, quit raining on the parade. It's fun complaining about airlines, especially AA and UA. Not like the OP tried to book a flight on Insel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom