"Thank you" points (Questions and Answers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll try it if you'd just explain what the THANKS thing is about?
Sure, if you think that so-and-so made a great post that is really insightful/helpful and you want to tell others, just click the [Thanks] button.

You can view someone's profile and see how many thanks they received and for which posts (The best of so-and-so)...

It is similar to a reputation rating but more content based.

It has been enabled for a select number of forums. Depending on its use, that number will change.

BTW.... is it just me, or did the EDIT button move when the THANKS button was added? (move meaning did it change location where all the buttons were...)
Yes, the software automagically adds the [Thanks]-button next to the [Edit]-button.

I have a feeling this could really hurt my career here.

Sure, if you think that so-and-so made a great post that is really insightful/helpful and you want to tell others, just click the [Thanks] button.

You can view someone's profile and see how many thanks they received and for which posts (The best of so-and-so)...

It has been enabled for a select number of forums. Depending on its use, that number will change.

so are people actually using it for it's intended purpose? I see very few "thanked" threads/posts.

let's take it for a test run in DIR!

So I guess if a post is pulled, any possible Thanks on it vanishes - same for a thread? Looks like a nice courtesy thing, nothing to take seriously, but nice in a way.

Is there any way to change our accounts so the thank you's don't appear after every post?

Is there any way to change our accounts so the thank you's don't appear after every post?
At this moment there is no such way. The system is still being evaluated.

I was recently warned that I was clicking the Thanks button too often. Go figure!

I'd like to suggest that the system needs better safeguards... perhaps each user should have a thanks quota?

I work in software development, and one usually can design features to be user-proof. If it takes a mod to police the new feature, perhaps the feature's design needs an honest review of purpose and implementation.

Back
Top Bottom