Texas Swamp Diving Team does Memorial Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Texas Gang (and those coming to visit us) --

Memorial Day weekend is sneaking up on us and it's time to start some advance planning.

Current plans are to head to Lake Travis for the extended weekend. If possible, we'll get TrueTexan's pontoon boat out there so we can dive some of the spots away from shore.

A visit to Canyon Lake might also be possible due to it's proximity and us being there for the long weekend.

What I'd like to hear from you are some ideas on all the "little" details, such as dive sites to visit, camping sites, and anything else you'd like to contribute that would make this a fun outting.

And for the "out-of-state-ers", you are more than welcome to join us. So we hope to see you there!

I don't have a calendar handy....when is Memorial weekend?

I'm sure you can count us in for a camping/diving weekend. I like Lake Travis, either Windy Point or Mansfield Dam. It would be cool if we could get TT's pontoon boat or maybe those guys that will bring one to charter. There's supposed to be some cool sites around the Lake you need a boat to get to.

If we set up camp, I doubt Beast will want to leave it unattended to go to another site for any length of time. Being on the go the whole weekend defeats the purpose of chilling out, telling lies and visiting with everyone.

If I could get Friday off I'd be waiting for you .... You'd just have to look for the bubbles......

I'm sure you can count us in for a camping/diving weekend. I like Lake Travis, either Windy Point or Mansfield Dam. It would be cool if we could get TT's pontoon boat or maybe those guys that will bring one to charter. There's supposed to be some cool sites around the Lake you need a boat to get to.
Dee

I would love to get in a boat dive or two, or -- etc..

I also wouldnt mind helpin Beast hold down the camp, and swap lies. :)

I'm up for might near anything that weekend.

May even be able to house a couple of small groups, if you dont mind using your own air mattress, a chunk of floor, or a couch. (Unless I sell the house -- It is on the market.)

Any body interested, send me a PM or email me... Would love to have the company....

Dave

I just thought of something since TT will be bringing the boat....

Since there will definitely be some other crazies out there having fun, we might be stumbling into one of the party coves.

Perhaps we can do a treasure dive to recover some of the lost items that fall into the water. (rings, watches, wallets, bikini tops)

Oh, and if we're over near the dam, there are a few spots where we could have...

UNDERWATER BICYCLE RACES!!

I imagine where we choose to light it will be crowded. I just returned from Barstows Windy Point and even with cool temps, clouds, and threatning rain on Sunday, classes and divers abounded. It has a nice wooded camp area with lots of trees and cover.
I was told by a local that Sterns Island is a really neat dive. I sure hope I can talk the wife in to comming down and meeting you guys and gals. Looking foward to the end of May!
Next stop, cinco de mayo / Jazz style...any new info Tom?

tony

ps. Happy anniversary to Dee and Douglas (Beast), have a safe and great time in Coco

Thanks, Dive Bud! We spent our day hanging out at the dive shop....where else! All but one couple going on the trip were there to play around in the pool, checking out gear and generally getting back in the swing of things. Then the 10 of us took over a corner of TGI Fridays...it'll never be the same! This was the first time everyone had met and I think we'll have a good group on this one.

Waiting to leave next Saturday will make this a very long week. :( But the anticipation is half the fun, isn't it? Maybe you and Barbara can go with us next year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom