Texas Clipper Reefing Date

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think of it this way, she'll have more character. The Oriskany, Spiegel, Duane, and others are upright. This'll offer variety. It's gonna be a great dive.

I agree.

Many wrecks fail to settle upright, like the Yukon in San Diego. While this makes it much more challenging and dangerous for penetration dives as interior depths are not level, some exits blocked, etc., it allows for more interesting dives on the outside offering a variety of possible profiles.

Either way everything's better when wet :water:

As long as it is finally under water, however it ended up is perfect :14: ! I 'll be on my way tomorrow afternoon and be in the water monday diving it!!! Everyone that couldn't make it :rofl3:, we will have pictures posted when we get back for you to look at.:D

As long as it is finally under water, however it ended up is perfect :14: ! I 'll be on my way tomorrow afternoon and be in the water monday diving it!!! Everyone that couldn't make it :rofl3:, we will have pictures posted when we get back for you to look at.:D

See you there! I'm staying at the La Copa (or whatever it's called) with Squid. I'll see you on the docks at 5:15 am on Monday, if not before then for drinks and debauchery on SPI. Have a safe trip down.
Shannon (Dive Diva)

The Clipper has been sunk, stern broke water at 12:35 pm, initial indications are she is resting on her side.

Miracles do happen!!! :D Seriously, that is GREAT news! I can't wait to dive her!

Well, Now....looks like I have a reason to vacation on the west side of the gulf...

(for the overly sensative, I am Kidding. Texas is a great state.)

We did the Eagle, Spiegle, Duan and Bibb last June. Looks like our next trip south will be for the Queens. Any good/inexpensive camping in that area?

My fault on the date messup, but glad that is straigtened out. I hope the Houston group has a safe and fantastic trip. Marine forecast calls for 1-3 foot seas and 10-15 knot winds. Should be great weather.

:confused:Anyone know what depth it ended at?

She was sunk in 130' of water. Upright would put the top of the wheel house at about 50'. If she is flat on her side, that would put the top at about 70'. Hopefully, we'll get a report today from the CHUM group. They should be finishing the first dive about now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom