Texas Clipper 1-25-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The date for the dive is actually 1-25-08 which is a Friday.

I'm coming to SE Texas for a few days to visit my mom & will try to get a dive in with American Diving. It will be me & my wife diving so we need 4 more divers.
Any takers to show a good ole Virginia boy some Texas underwater sites?
We have been to the Flower Gardens on the Fling & had a great time, but we will not have the time for a return visit at this point in time.

Wednesday, January 23. Let me get back to you on that. I'll see if I can gather some folks up for a road trip down there, but the weekend would be better.

Sorry I put the wrong date, we are flying in on the 23rd & want to dive the 25th which is Friday, can't do Saturday as we fly out Sunday so we wouldn't have the 24 hours we need.
I tried to edit the opening line but couldn't get it to change.
But thanks for the effort & it would be great to dive there.

An email that I received from American Diving this week stated they had some divers signed up for 1/19 and 1/25. You and your wife must be the ones. I will see if I can find some interest.

It's going to be harder to get enough divers on a Friday than a Saturday. You don't have to wait 24 hours to fly, especially for two dives as long as you don't violate deco.

I've changed the date on the title.

Thanks ScubaTexan;
Mack Diver; That would be great if they would move the date up some, the more the merrier. Makes SI better getting to talk to different divers from all over adds to the dive experience.
Carlislere; I don't know if they are talking about us as I havn't given them my CC# to hold my spot. Maybe I ought to do so soon.
ReefHound; I don't plan on doing any deco as I will not have my doubles or any bottles to sling & when I dive with my wife it's a very safe profile. Even tho she is a very good diver. My mom could handle something happening to me, but if something happened to my wife it had better kill me or my mom would. Plus I will probably be diving dry so I will need a day for my CF-200 to attempt to dry out before the flight.

I talked to one of the guys in my group. He has no problem changing the date and is going to check with the other two. That brings the total to 5, just need 2 more to make the trip a go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom