Tether or not tether

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does she want to be leashed to you? I can’t think of a single dive when i wished i was tethered to my buddy. (I will never ice dive.) Being underwater is a great equalizer in abilities between genders. Just have her lead so you can always have eyes on her, and you aren’t constantly looking back for her. And she gains experience and confidence as your buddy.
I understand your point but you misunderstand the purpose. She won’t be leashed to me anymore that I am leashed to her. I just want to be sure that the horror that some people experienced when their spouse was there at a moment, not there some seconds after and never to be found again, doesn’t happen to us. It happened to a very well know and appreciated couple of very experienced divers in SB.

Not something that we would do on a regular basis. Just the first time she experiences washing machine like currents.

For the many reasons mentioned above by other posters, I did not even tether my 12 year old grandson to me when he was a brand new diver on his first post-OW cert dive in Coz. Also what Navy divers might, or might not, do has no bearing on you and your wife.

Unless you're in the Bahamas you're not going to get the fun washing machine site current

For the many reasons mentioned above by other posters, I did not even tether my 12 year old grandson to me when he was a brand new diver on his first post-OW cert dive in Coz. Also what Navy divers might, or might not, do has no bearing on you and your wife.
Well. I don’t express myself clear enough or some people don’t want to get it. I am not talking of permanent tether. Just about a place where from friends comments, it is likely that we will have big surprise. I can listen to comments saying it is hazardous. But most of the comments are out of context.

That’s what I was asking for

That’s what I was asking for
"A buddy line in scuba diving is a strap that physically tethers two scuba divers together underwater to avoid separation in low visibility conditions."

You are not talking about a low visibility situation....you are talking about a strong, variable current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom