testing out my new WA lens underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ron and I ran over to BH on Saturday, Oct 30th... he wanted to run though some tech skills and I needed to check out my new WA lens underwater.

here are a few screen captures from the video, no editing at all, just resized:

2010Oct_BH_Ron1.jpg

heading down

2010Oct_BH_Ron2.jpg

vis was clear, only 4 other divers when we got there at 8am

2010Oct_BH_Ron3.jpg

2010Oct_BH_Ron4.jpg

just a little sample of what I got. I am thrilled with the WA lens underwater! I was afraid it would be a dark lens, but it is not at all. All the video looks crisp and clear.
I will get something editing in the next couple of days to post.

robin:D

Sweet!

(It took me a minute to realize you meant Wide-Angle, not WAshington State.) :headscratch:

Those look great! Is this exterior (housing) mounted?

no it is not. The WA lens is inside housing, which means I had to get the port from Ikelite to use it. So $100 for the lens and another $240 for the port. I think it is going to be worth it though - especially for the WWII wrecks in NC next summer. :wink:

robin

Great Pix robin, what camera are you using? I have never been to BH but looks like its worth the trip, We have been trying to dive all 50 states (taking more time than I thought) and NM is still on the to do list. I will have to check it out!:headscratch:

Great Pix robin, what camera are you using? I have never been to BH but looks like its worth the trip, We have been trying to dive all 50 states (taking more time than I thought) and NM is still on the to do list. I will have to check it out!:headscratch:

thanks!
Not a camera, a camcorder, as I shoot video. Those are just screen captures. If you want to see my full videos of blue hole, click here: Diving "Blue Hole" in Santa Rosa, NM & around the Southwest USA on Vimeo

I haven't finished the video for this past trip yet... hope to edit some today. I have been really busy with my hiking group since weather has been so good.

robin:D

thanks!
I haven't finished the video for this past trip yet... hope to edit some today. I have been really busy with my hiking group since weather has been so good.

Cool, excited to see it. lots of good video on your clip. My girlfriend and I have been talkin about a road trip to get in several of the states.... not to get off subject but has anyone here dove the torrre mine in Missouri?:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom