Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my Teric not long before the pandemic. Before lockdown, I got about 18 dives on it. Then while not diving it would go months in the case when I’d think to take it out and top it off. It often was over 20% remaining charge after a few months sitting in the case. I’m diving again now and have 48 dives. The Teric has been perfect the entire time.

Hi @BoatingDave

Have you already tried soaking it warm water for a prolonged period, in case there are salt crystals in the buttons?
So UPDATE: I decided to soak it (again) and lo and behold, this time it unstuck the buttons and all is perfect. I did use warmer water this time. When it didn’t work before I was worried there was some sand or something inside the housing.

Thanks! Saves me from shipping it off!

So UPDATE: I decided to soak it (again) and lo and behold, this time it unstuck the buttons and all is perfect. I did use warmer water this time. When it didn’t work before I was worried there was some sand or something inside the housing.

Thanks! Saves me from shipping it off!
I soak my Teric in fresh water after each dive day. Generally, this is only for 10-15 minutes, I operate the buttons a few times. At the end of every dive trip/series, I soak it overnight and press the buttons several times before letting it dry and storing it. I have never had any problems with buttons.

I am on my 6th Teric since the initial purchase in May 2019, a total of 475 dives. I have had multiple problems with my Terics other than with the buttons Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?. I'm hoping that this one will be the charm.

I soak my Teric in fresh water after each dive day. Generally, this is only for 10-15 minutes, I operate the buttons a few times. At the end of every dive trip/series, I soak it overnight and press the buttons several times before letting it dry and storing it. I have never had any problems with buttons.

I am on my 6th Teric since the initial purchase in May 2019, a total of 475 dives. I have had multiple problems with my Terics other than with the buttons Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?. I'm hoping that this one will be the charm.
Yes, I think the key learning for me is to actuate the buttons a few times during/after the soak. I also soak mine after dives, but will use warmer (not hot) water in the future too.

I have now had my 6th Teric since the beginning of December. The early battery life is superb, as has always been the case. it is down to 86% in 46 days, just 0.3% per day.

I have not been able to dive it as I am still recovering from an injury late last year. I should be able to dive by the end of February or early March. I'm hoping that this will be my perfect Teric :)

I have now had my 6th Teric since the beginning of December. The early battery life is superb, as has always been the case. it is down to 86% in 46 days, just 0.3% per day.

I have not been able to dive it as I am still recovering from an injury late last year. I should be able to dive by the end of February or early March. I'm hoping that this will be my perfect Teric :)
So, I was hoping not to be an active participant in this thread again, but it was not to be.

I set up my 6th Teric but have not been able to dive it yet. I noticed that each time I turned the computer off, either from the watch or dive mode, the entire screen would momentarily light up before going dark. The light looks like the flashlight mode in watch tools, perhaps a little brighter, a short burst.

I contacted my friends at Dive-Tronix. Michele got back to me that they had not seen this previously and that she would contact Shearwater for advice. I don't know whether Shearwater has seen this before or not. Shearwater recommended replacement of the computer and investigation of the problem.

My 7th Teric is in the mail today and I will send the 6th back to Dive-Tronix as soon as I receive the prepaid mailing box. I sure am adept at setting up my Teric and applying the screensaver with all my practice.

So, now I'm hoping the seventh time will be the charm.

So, I was hoping not to be an active participant in this thread again, but it was not to be.

I set up my 6th Teric but have not been able to dive it yet. I noticed that each time I turned the computer off, either from the watch or dive mode, the entire screen would momentarily light up before going dark. The light looks like the flashlight mode in watch tools, perhaps a little brighter, a short burst.

I contacted my friends at Dive-Tronix. Michele got back to me that they had not seen this previously and that she would contact Shearwater for advice. I don't know whether Shearwater has seen this before or not. Shearwater recommended replacement of the computer and investigation of the problem.

My 7th Teric is in the mail today and I will send the 6th back to Dive-Tronix as soon as I receive the prepaid mailing box. I sure am adept at setting up my Teric and applying the screensaver with all my practice.

So, now I'm hoping the seventh time will be the charm.
My 3rd battery replacement is doing well after 2 big trips (74 dives) over the last 6 months so hopeful it’s fixed for good. However, If I had 6 failures, I think I’d be bailing on my Teric. I have had no issues at all with the Perdix computers.

I’d love to get a teric for my warm water wetsuit/vacation dives, but this thread scares me 😂

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom