Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 34 18.9%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.1%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought both Teric and Perdidx AI in mid August '21. I wish I had bought two Perdixes (or would that be "perdii"? ). I just prefer the interface on the Perdii - easier with two buttons as I don't have to think about which button a menu is hidden under).

A trip to Roatan in late August and the Teric worked fine. Battery was good. Fast forward to a late Nov '21 trip to Bonaire. Before the trip I dropped the Teric on the charger. Hmmmmm... Very low battery. Charge it up and go on the trip. Note that it has to be charged religiously every night after maybe 3-4 hours in water every day.

Get home. charge and start watching. With it "Off" the Teric was losing between 5-10% of its reported charge every dang day. Then I start searching "Teric battery problems".... Well, you know.

I called SW and they said that was VERY surprising as it was a brand new production unit from mid '21. Send it in. I did and subsequently called Dive-Tronix to let them know I forgot to include my RMA paper in the box. No Problem thy sez. Nice folks. They say they might suspect a problem on the board instead of battery (same as SW in Canada said). That was last week. Waiting on return...

I use the Perdix as a primary and the Teric as a backup since I find the Perdix easier to use and read. Not slamming the Teric - the only thing that I find that recommends the Teric is that I can forgo wearing a separate watch on dive trips. But from a functionality standpoint, I'd rather two Perdii, or maybe even my Perdix with a Peregrine as a backup.

OMMOHY

After all of my returns for repair and replacement, I have sure ended up with a lot of Teric accessories, boxes, straps, strap extensions, strap pins, pin tools...

1642458779692.png

I'm hoping that this is the good one

So how many would buy the Teric again? It has been on the wish list, but these threads are unsettling. I get discounts on Garmin but apparently the transmitter is loud. No doubt first world problems:)

Don't get me wrong. I think the Teric is a great computer. I also think that Shearwater has had a number of problems with their first watch style computer. I hope they have resolved these problems and that my current computer will last.

Only 2 scuba trips with my teric and 41 dives

So how many would buy the Teric again? It has been on the wish list, but these threads are unsettling. I get discounts on Garmin but apparently the transmitter is loud. No doubt first world problems:)
I would, did but the Garmin looks to be a contender

I would buy it again in a heartbeat, LOVE my Teric and still 0 issue with it.

For how long?

Purchased in Nov 2020 (so 15 months old) and just shy of 70 dives on it in the span of 11 months - with dive trips every 2 months or so.

Battery holds great (so far), very little loss in between trips.

Back
Top Bottom