Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 34 18.9%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.1%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There have been multiple threads discussing repair and/or replacement service for Shearwater Terics. Nearly always, repair and/or replacement service has been praised for responsiveness and speed.

As, generally, only problems are reported and discussed, the need for service or replacement may be overrepresented by posts on SB. I would like to be able to make an estimate of the frequency for which repair or replacement has been required for Teric owners on SB. The first four responses are meant to apply to a single computer. For instance, my Teric suffered a black screen failure, which was repaired. Shortly after it was returned, AI was lost, they assumed a bad antenna, and the computer was replaced. I checked reply #4, multiple repair and/or replacement.

If you have been unlucky, and have had problems with more than one Teric, check #5, and describe in your post.

Thanks for contributing
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? AI was lost????:coffee:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? AI was lost????:coffee:
Yes, AI was lost, Richard Morton, at Dive-Tronix, thought it was likely the antenna.

After the computer was returned from service for the black screen, it lasted for 3 dives before the AI quit working. The Teric is a backup for my primary computer, an Oceanic VT3. The VT3 continued to work normally, both computers were running off the same PPS transmitter.

The Teric was replaced, the second one is working perfectly :), 41 dives so far.

The Teric has been a bit of a problem child for Shearwater, at the very least they've had a bad batch of batteries. And possibly they have a firmware/hardware issue where the compass and AI refuses to turn off while in watch mode.

Now their service has been excellent. When I sent my primary in, they had it back within a week of shipping (literally was fixed and shipped back within hours). When my back up went in, Richard wanted to hold on to it to talk to Shearwater so they sent a loaner. When my primary had the issue a second time they sent me a brand new replacement.
Good afternoon.
SHEARWATER FIRMWARE V18 FOR TERIC IS NOW AVAILABLE - Shearwater Research
This may, or may not be helpful.
Cheers.

Hello, again. I do not own a Shearwater Teric. I own (2) Shearwater Perdix's Non-A.I.
One of the reasons...loss of A.I. posted by Scubadada.
I cannot speak about something that I am not familiar with. I was just trying to be helpful. I will gracefully bow out. Sorry, for the intrusion.
FAQ and Support | Shearwater Dive Computers
Cheers.View media item 209695

Whelp looks like my back up Teric is having an issue again. I charged it last night, and now it is already at 98%.

Whelp looks like my back up Teric is having an issue again. I charged it last night, and now it is already at 98%.
Write the % down, leave the Teric off, check it after 5 days and see where it is.

Write the % down, leave the Teric off, check it after 5 days and see where it is.

Won't have that option, diving on Thursday.

But I will be trying that after I get back from Mexico.

So far mine has been fine (manufacturing date December 2019) but it hasn't had much use yet.

@lexvil Ended up not having to do that, it was dropping 6-8% a day. Off to Shearwater today, they are sending me a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom