Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I meant on the Perdix 2. I really like my home screen on my Teric, perfect for me
View attachment 753796
Thank you for posting your Teric dive display. Mine is pretty much the same as yours, except the Temp & GTR/SAC are flip around, that is the Temp is in the center.

Why I’m glad to see your display is because when I check mine, the Compass, T1, GTR & SAC were still on & wasting away the battery juice searching for the transmitter Bluetooth signal to pair & Compass location to point North at.

Even in that situation, my battery life was still at 92% after 17 surface days.

If you turn off your Compass, you may save your battery juice while in storage further.

F4CA997A-03B5-4589-97FE-1687C0EFE4D5.jpeg

8C5CC540-B4CC-4986-8100-E55C6CE4D9DE.jpeg

Do you use any of the mini displays with 3 items in the info row? Is the data easily read?

I used a 3-item mini widget in the center row of my NERD2 (on my CCR). The NERD2 display is the same layout and info as a Perdix 2. It displays O2 cylinder pressure, Dil cylinder pressure, and SurfGF.

It is not as easy to read as the other items that just show 1 piece of data in the same amount of space. But, it is not hard to read.

If you turn off your Compass, you may save your battery juice while in storage further.
When the screen is off (or in watch mode), the AI, compass, and Bluetooth are all inactive. There is zero impact to battery life.

When the screen is off (or in watch mode), the AI, compass, and Bluetooth are all inactive. There is zero impact to battery life.
Agreed - that is what SW told me as well. My 3rd battery repair Teric is good so far - after 90 days since last dives in Fiji (recharged before the last dive day of 3 dives), it is still at 42% and it had AI and compass left on the whole time.

Also, I’ve only used the SW taco charger on this one - I had used a Mophie charge puck sometimes before this last battery change.

6FC4D8B9-A3F7-4383-90EE-53A384F86824.jpeg

Reactions: Dan
That's good to know. Thanks!

When I checked mine earlier today and noticed those flashing red COMMS in dive mode and turned them off, my battery juice went from 92% to 90%. Loss 2% for just messing with the buttons.

Agreed - that is what SW told me as well. My 3rd battery repair Teric is good so far - after 90 days since last dives in Fiji (recharged before the last dive day of 3 dives), it is still at 42% and it had AI and compass left on the whole time.

Also, I’ve only used the SW taco charger on this one - I had used a Mophie charge puck sometimes before this last battery change.

View attachment 753839

Your Teric has been staying dry for 90 days? That's too long. It's time to get it wet again. :)

I'll get mine wet next week in Banda Sea & Raja Ampat :wink:

Your Teric has been staying dry for 90 days? That's too long. It's time to get it wet again. :)

I'll get mine wet next week in Banda Sea & Raja Ampat :wink:
Some of us still have to work 😉 - but I do agree!

I was supposed to be in Truk Lagoon in October, but trip got canceled as they were not open at decision time. Off to Raja Ampat in late December and planning a few trips for next year as well - so hope to not see 90 days on the Teric surface display again!

Loss 2% for just messing with the buttons.
Could be just timing/roundoff. I don't think it reports odd percentages. If that's true, then going from 91.01% to 90.99% would display as 92% to 90%, but actually losing much less than 2%.

Could be just timing/roundoff. I don't think it reports odd percentages. If that's true, then going from 91.01% to 90.99% would display as 92% to 90%, but actually losing much less than 2%.
I think the % is round off to 2 digits without decimal. So 91,01% shows as 91%. 90,99% shows as 91%. But 90.49% may show as 90%. That’s the standard round off in any scientific calculator. Any number < 0.5 show as 0 and > 0.5 as 1 if no decimal point is displayed. So, base on mathematical convention, the 90% vs 92%, if 1 decimal is displayed, 90% could be 90.4% and 92% could be 91.6%. Instead of 2% discharge, it could be 1.2% (91.6 - 90.4) discharge if 1 decimal number is displayed. So it’s still a significant discharge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom