Teric Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had an early unit and it was fine up until my November dive trip where I noticed it drained faster than expected.

The fix was not just a battery replacement - from the repair order, it was pretty much everything but the shell, buttons and strap. Hopefully, bringing it up to “today’s build specifications” as was noted solves the issue for the expected battery life (~5 years).
I too had the earlier unit when it first released, which I purchased from Diveseekers. Shearwater sent me a new unit last year, but the problem still existed, the battery would not hold a charge longer than three weeks when stored. I will be receiving another new unit.

I too had the earlier unit when it first released, which I purchased from Diveseekers. Shearwater sent me a new unit last year, but the problem still existed, the battery would not hold a charge longer than three weeks when stored. I will be receiving another new unit.
It's a small world - I got mine at Diveseekers too! Hopefully, the newest build specs have addressed the issue!

Used up about 24% running in watch mode (the one with the cool millibar display) in about 10 hours at medium brightness. Normal or possible dud?

Used up about 24% running in watch mode (the one with the cool millibar display) in about 10 hours at medium brightness. Normal or possible dud?

Turn off AI and compass, fully charge the device, and let it sit with the screen off in watch mode for 48 hours. Then report back.

I just had to get a replacement for the second time.

I just updated my vote.

Turn off AI and compass, fully charge the device, and let it sit with the screen off in watch mode for 48 hours. Then report back.

I just had to get a replacement for the second time.

I just updated my vote.
Roger that. Will try tomorrow. Does it matter which watch mode? Just trying to make sure we're testing under the same parameters.

Thanks!

Edit - watch mode with the brightness set to "off", correct?

Roger that. Will try tomorrow. Does it matter which watch mode? Just trying to make sure we're testing under the same parameters.

Thanks!
"Watch mode" and I think the option to select after is "screen off", im not home at the moment. Below is a quote from Shearwater that I received earlier this week, in regards to testing. I recommend doing the test and following up with Shearwater through email. i took before and after photos.

"Just to confirm the issue, can I ask you to fully charge the device, and with both AI and Compass off for 48 hours leave it off and untouched. Once you report back the battery life I should be able to determine where the issue lies and work out a solution for you."

Thanks. That sounds like completely powered off. I have done that test before and I lose nothing so I'll assume I am good for now.

Thanks. That sounds like completely powered off. I have done that test before and I lose nothing so I'll assume I am good for now.
Correct, that was my issue, the computer would not hold a charge more than three weeks during storage.

Back
Top Bottom