Teric Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if it is available internationally, but the US service center will send you a loaner, and Shearwater wants them to have a maximum of 5 days turn around on most basic service. I had a couple of hour turn around on my first Teric, and 3 days on the second as he wanted to consult with Shearwater on it.

Philippines is a pretty remote place when it comes to mailing stuff. No loaner here... having a shearwater dive comp isn't common over here... it's like wearing a gucci bag or something like that.

IIRC, the Crest is basically the same computer, but I confess to reading almost none of the thread.

IIRC, the Crest is basically the same computer, but I confess to reading almost none of the thread.

yes.. im in page 10/47 lol... yes it's the same crest computer made in china. i was offered this computer as a backup. I didn't expect the rave review. i thought it was some plastic dive comp. apparently its stainless in black..

i'll read some more. it's being sold in a different island. but if i can wire the money right away. 2days it's in my doorstep

yes.. im in page 10/47 lol... yes it's the same crest computer made in china. i was offered this computer as a backup. I didn't expect the rave review. i thought it was some plastic dive comp. apparently its stainless in black..

i'll read some more. it's being sold in a different island. but if i can wire the money right away. 2days it's in my doorstep
You made it farther than me..I was looking for the TL;DR version after a page or three but got bored and thumbed it. Glad it seems like a decent option and is easily locally sourced for you.

You made it farther than me..I was looking for the TL;DR version after a page or three but got bored and thumbed it. Glad it seems like a decent option and is easily locally sourced for you.

honestly i skipped a few of the nonesense lol.. and read only the sensible ones... the only thing that turns me off is the exposed contacts... but at that price im sure its ok..

ive been a user of Garmin Multisport watches they use to have open contacts... anyway at their price it's a steel.

honestly i skipped a few of the nonesense lol.. and read only the sensible ones... the only thing that turns me off is the exposed contacts... but at that price im sure its ok..

ive been a user of Garmin Multisport watches they use to have open contacts... anyway at their price it's a steel.
Is it the Excursion (not sure what the Crest is called)? If so, that looks like a reasonable backup to a Teric (ZHL-16C with GF) and certainly better than my Vyper as far as recreational computers go.

Is it the Excursion (not sure what the Crest is called)? If so, that looks like a reasonable backup to a Teric (ZHL-16C with GF) and certainly better than my Vyper as far as recreational computers go.
Crest/deep6 is only Nitrox computer, but read all of the pages and it seems it is good computer. Display can be hard to read at sunlight.

I'm in process of returning my replacement Teric. in less than four days my Teric lost 38% battery life, with AI and Compass off, including the screen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom