Teric Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How long does a Teric battery last on standby?

I was fully charged. dived 2x 45-50mins each...

after 14days its 6% left and i left it on standby. screen off. is this normal?

Did you leave the AI turned on? The same happened to me. I turned off AI and it used almost nothing. You might try it or as some say YMMV.

Cheers -

ok im charging it now. Ai turned off

I'll check back in 14 days. I keep my fingers, arms, and eyes crossed for good luck.

Cheers - M²

I haven't managed to go 14 days without diving since I got mine. But after 7 days, the battery still says 100%, and I don't turn off AI. I've been really surprised by it, honestly.

How long does a Teric battery last on standby?

I was fully charged. dived 2x 45-50mins each...

after 14days its 6% left and i left it on standby. screen off. is this normal?

You've got a dud battery. After the above dives and stand-by time, it should be close to 90% remaining. Send it back.

There's no need to wait for two weeks.

On my last dive trip I did 24 dives over 7 days, just under 21 hours of Dive Mode time, AI, some compass use, med brightness and used 76% of a battery. That's without using it as a watch. That's approx 30hours of DiveMode time as per the Teric's specs. If you really want to get into some nitty gritty battery detail here's a post for consumption: The Teric's Battery Performance.

Did you leave the AI turned on? The same happened to me. I turned off AI and it used almost nothing. You might try it or as some say YMMV.

Cheers -

When in stand-by (or watch mode) AI is not consuming battery irrespective of whether AI's been left on or off. Are you able to replicate that?

Don’t over charge, when it starts flashing (the light on the charger) take it off and turn it off. With mine it will take a week at least before it drops to 98%, last week I had charged mine (two of them) and took them out for about 2 1/2 hours of diving, compass heading always on, not the floater but the numerical heading, highest brightness, after two dives they were both at 92%, down loading logs and this morning as I get ready to go dive they are at 88%.

If you are having rapid drain without use, no watch use etc. you should contact them, they will fix it right up and have it back in your hands in amazingly short time.

You have bad battery, it should last months when off.

It should lose only around 5-10% on stand by a week, with closer to 5% being preferable.

Anymore than that it needs to be serviced by Shearwater, as high battery loss on standby is a known issue that Shearwater is still trying to fix as of September (the last time I sent one of my Terics in).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom