Temu For Dive Accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tekkydiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Clicked on a pop-up for Temu while browsing the forum -- Prices for lights flags reels etc seem well below what I see in my area.
Anyone try them?

IMHO, Temo is the dairy intolerant version of Amazon, they straight steal the Bezos Biz Model as well as sellers photos, descriptions and US company addresses.
Any company that shady I do not want responsible for any diving equipment.
It’s worth paying good money for all things that can a save a dive or a life.

It's a Chinese-owned company that sells mostly Chinese knock-offs of everything. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them for household goods, etc. but NOT for diving equipment. If you're looking for anything that your life is going to depend on, you should be buying the real deal from brands that use quality components and exercise excellent quality control.

It's a Chinese-owned company that sells mostly Chinese knock-offs of everything. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them for household goods, etc. but NOT for diving equipment. If you're looking for anything that your life is going to depend on, you should be buying the real deal from brands that use quality components and exercise excellent quality control.
I was under the assumption that many of our dive products are already produced in China

I was under the assumption that many of our dive products are already produced in China

I found a brand-new item for $75 (made in China) that retailed for $220 in the USA. I bought it.

It was a scam.

Fool me once....

Yeah. I am not too worried about Chinese dive gear, but Temu seems like a gear supplier I won't be using.

The problem isn't if something is "made in China" or not. Many items made in China have great quality, but it is up to the company that is selling the equipment to implement the proper Q&A. Companies like Temu are going low cost, so they copy a design, figure out how to make it at the absolute lowest cost, and then sell it cheap. For some items that might be acceptable, and you eliminate some of the "middleman" costs, but the level of acceptability and risk is your decision.

The Temu app also collects all kinds of personal data if you use it; I've seen several articles recommending that it not be downloaded.

I recently bought some small items from Temu. Not diving stuff. Fast delivery and seem fine. Unbelievably cheap.

For some items that might be acceptable, and you eliminate some of the "middleman" costs, but the level of acceptability and risk is your decision.

Considering reports of knock-offs or unauthorized goods on Amazon, this tends to be how I approach items purchased there as well. If I need to ensure it is "real," I buy elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom