Tell us about your 50th Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Number 50 was 1,323 dives ago, in 2002. It was in Grand Cayman with my 17 year old son. It was our 1st trip with dive computers, Oceanic Pro Pluses. It was also our 1st trip on nitrox. It was a dive to 104 feet for 51 minutes. If I was at home, rather than diving in Boynton Beach, I could tell you the site and what we saw. Wish my 32 year old son was here, diving with me now :)

29 May 2017. My deepest dive ever to 48m. 14 minutes of deco on O2 at 30 ft. The epitome of a "trust me" dive.
On a chamber run. Extremely interesting.

Or if you don't count that as a dive.

3 Jun 2017 Whytecliff park right wall. 39.2m max depth total of 39 minutes on as part of the PADI deep course. After the chamber run I was much more confident for the deep course. Lots of sponges to see and an octopus

Last edited:
29 May 2017. My deepest dive ever to 48m. 14minures of deco on O2 at 30 ft. The epitome of a "trust me" dive.
On a chamber run. Extremely interesting.

Or if you don't count that as a dive.

3 Jun 2017 Whytecliff park right wall. 39.2m max depth total of 39 minutes on as part of the PADI deep course. After the chamber run I was much more confident for the deep course. Lots of sponges to see and an octopus

I did a chamber dive (for educational purposes) in May to 130ft, no O2 Deco, though. Deep class was a month later. It really did help doing chamber dive before deep class.

Sept, 2015. My first day of open water training dives for my Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures class. 2nd dive of the day. At Lake Phoenix, in Virginia.

1 hour, 24 minutes long, counting brief trips to the surface for a quick chat. Max depth, 27 feet.

Lots of practice of valve shutdowns, air sharing drills, and shooting an SMB.

Not nearly as much fun as dives #47 and 48, on the B-29 bomber in Lake Mead...

My number 50 was a couple weeks ago. It was my first time diving in a quarry (Morrison's, Chelsea, QC) and diving with thermoclines. I dove in a 7mm so it was also a short dive. I went down to 60' and the temp dropped to 44F. Only stayed at 60 for 8-10 minutes. We then went up to ~30' for the rest of the dive. Temperature was closer to 60F. It was also my 12 yo son's final day of his open water certification so a very memorable day.

Last edited:
My number 50 was a couple weeks ago. It was my first time diving in a quarry (Morrison's, Chelsea, QC) and diving with thermoclines. I dove in a 7mm so it was also a short dive. I went down to 60' and the temp dropped to 44C. Only stayed at 60 for 8-10 minutes. We then went up to ~30' for the rest of the dive. Temperature was closer to 60C. It was also my 12 yo son's final day of his open water certification so a very memorable day.

You must mean F, not C for your temps.

I couldn't recall #50 off-hand, but looking at my logs I realized it was actually very special. A twilight dive at the site called "Aquarium" off Virgin Gordo in BVI. Right under the Juliet LOB, max depth only 24ft, but I had over an hour of circling a series of boulders watching an incredible variety of fish, eels, rays, turtles, urchins, lobsters, and you-name-it all transitioning from daytime to nocturnal behavior. It was magical.

@dberry...cool! There is actually a term for that, it's called the "twilight change over."

:popcorn::popcorn: Love all this! Thanks everyone, and the rest of you go dig up your log books, you just might come upon a magical moment you forgot like dberry, or one you can't forget like landau. My fav image so far is Cameron with the weighting :D:D:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom