Tell us about your 50th Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

June 1, 2004
Small Hope Bay, Andros Island, Bahamas
The Wall

97 feet, 40 minutes

Not much to remember as my corrective dive mask had decided to hide under an equipment box for a couple of days. Not even any photos as back then I was using a manual focus film camera. Oh, I do travel with a spare mask since then.

Dive #50, West Caicos at a site I believe was called The Driveway. The previous two were I think called Coral Gardens and Cathedral at Grace Bay, Providenciales. Dive 47 was Aug 1, 1982 at Waterton Lakes National Park in Alberta. I fell out of scuba many years ago and by chance walked into Dive Provo while walking around Grace Bay. A couple of great guides took me on some fabulous dives. First time ever in warm tropical waters. Sad that I missed out on 35 years of diving. Hope to do tropical dives at least yearly from now on.

Well I still need 7 dives to get to #50, but I wanted to share my #40 this past 07/30/2017 it was very special because it was with my wife and sons, it was our first time at the MUSA in Cancun, a very pleasant dive at mere 30 feet, but we enjoyed the calm and clear water, my wife and youngest where finishing their AOW, and because of the different kind of dive in the museum it was very special and meaningful to me. I hope to soon shate my #50 with you and hope is as special as my first 40 dives, everything is unique and amazing sometimes with people you love, sometimes with people you just met, with great guides and ones with guides that forget about you, with amazing weather or not so great one, but hope to always enjoy every dive as much as I am enjoying it now. Happy and safe diving and thank you for sharing your experiences

It was a few months ago in Thailand. I was wrapping up my PADI MSD rating, with my 5th and final spec dive also coinciding with my 50th to qualify. I made a limited wreck penetration on nitrox at around 24m, using a reel and line to guide myself in and out. My buoyancy and trim are usually perfect, but I was using a wetsuit to avoid cuts and my weighting wasn't quite right, and I kicked up some silt on the exit. That said, a fairly uneventful but still cool dive.

Planning to return soon and turn pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom