Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Fold up snorkel in BCD

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • No snorkel

Votes: 132 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 5 years ago I took mine off and put it in my bag. Last year someone on the dive boat needed a snorkel during a SI so I pulled it out and loaned it to them. Not long after that I needed to do a long surface swim. I didn't have a snorkel. When I got home I ordered a foldable snorkel and put it in my pocket. A foldable mask is next.

Cheers -

I own one, but it hasn't been used in years. I stopped using it when I began spearfishing because when I shoot a fish, he'll dart and run for at least a few feet, and if that shockline gets wrapped around my snorkel, he'll likely yank my snorkel and my mask off my head.

But there have been some times when I've had to do a long surface swim after wandering too far from the boat that I would have liked to have had one. Swimming with my face in the water using a snorkel is a lot easier than trying to swim holding your head up out of the water if you're out of air.

Having a dangling snorkel on my mask has not bothered me as much as I would have thought, but I did my first 2 dives yesterday with a roll-up snorkel in my BCD pocket, and really liked not having the snorkel in my way when reaching to use my inflator.

It is a piece of equipment others use whilst partaking in scuba and other water related activities but it is beyond my skill set so I threw it away over a decade ago. I cannot snorkel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom