Tekna DPV in the Panhandle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Michaud SELAUSAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Saw this on Craig's for sale. I kinda remember someone having one stolen, maybe a Mako, can't remember. If the seller is on this list and it is legitimate, my shallow appologies in advance. But, I feel looking out for each other is in all of our best interests. If it is legit, seems like a good deal. Mark

TEKNA underwater scuba scooter

Trying to figure out the question here. Is it still for sale? Are you concerned it may have been a stolen good?
Thank you for clarifying.

I'm assuming it's still for sale, as the author hasn't pulled his ad off Craig's List yet.

The OP isn't selling the scooter; it appears he was browsing Craig's List, came across the scooter, and thought it sounded a lil' "too good to be true". Oftentimes, stolen scuba gear is sold through forums such as Craig's List.

If it is legitimate, I wish I had $800 to spare! That seems like a really good deal.

I bought my Mako with AJ clutch and upgraded dual relays about a year ago for $800 including shipping. It is a nice price compared to the $1200-$1300 people think they can get from a used Makko.

In comparision $800 for a tekna in good condition with a case is a nice price, it is not stellar and certainly not five finger discount suspicious. The Tekna did have loads of thrust, but battery life was limited and the charging plug was problematic. No light and a deep rated replacement nose piece are nice features however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom