Technical Diving & Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
A recent thread got me to wondering about what type of insurance technical divers use, both in regards to dive accidents resulting in death and injury and also in regards to equipment loss/damage.

Who uses DAN? Dive Assure? Some other type? Is your diving insurance primary or secondary coverage? Is it part of your regular health or life insurance?

What type of gear do you insure? Lights, computers, scooters, CCR? Against theft? Damage (dropping, breaking)? Flooding?

What types of pros and cons have you found and what are the costs for the various types?

A recent thread got me to wondering about what type of insurance technical divers use, both in regards to dive accidents resulting in death and injury and also in regards to equipment loss/damage.

Who uses DAN? Dive Assure? Some other type? Is your diving insurance primary or secondary coverage? Is it part of your regular health or life insurance?

What type of gear do you insure? Lights, computers, scooters, CCR? Against theft? Damage (dropping, breaking)? Flooding?

What types of pros and cons have you found and what are the costs for the various types?

I use my standard Blue Cross/Blue Shield (rates just raised 16% this week....thanks Mr and Ms PelosiBama) and DAN Preferred. I also have all my gear itemized on my Homeowners under a separate Personal Effects policy.

DAN is my secondary coverage behind Blue Cross/Blue Shield (actually I think it's called Anthem Blue Cross now).

dan insurance. secondary to my regular health insurance.
don't have any gear insured but I'm starting to consider it

DAN Premium, after our regular health insurance. I don't think we have any gear coverage other than homeowner's insurance, although I believe Peter has looked into insuring cameras.

DAN and Cigna.

DAN. My primary insurance is the Veteran's Administration. I don't have gear insured...yet. I've been considering it. That will likely come with the expensive scooter and RB.

I use DAN,but considering Dive Assure. Dive gear protected by Smith and Wesson :)

Work health insurance (I work for a County govt and we self insure with Aetna doing the admin)
Group life through work
DAN preferred
Term life with NY life
Long term disability with NY Life
Homeowners is my only gear coverage

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom