Technical Dive Op in Venezuela

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wally,

Thanks for the message.

I haven't decided the exact location yet, there are some specific things I'm looking for, which is why I thought a tech dive op could help. Do any of the dive ops there specialize in cave exploration?

Jeff

what's the diving like there in Mochima?

when is a good time to go there?

...any suggestion re good hotels?

Tons of little reefs to explore. Lots of parrotfish, many angel fish, grunts, squid, an occasional octopus and sea turtle. There aren't any huge pelagics, but just some really cool reefs and wrecks to explore. Mochima also has more types of sea anenomes than anywhere else in the world. (or so I've read anyway) Great vis from August to the beginning of January. Uncrowded waters. Also some very large spotted eels in great abundance. There's also caves if you like those as well. You can try the Punta Palma Hotel, which is just down the road from our house. Heck, we'll even go diving with you.

sounds cool, i've been to PLC before, but for work and didn't have any time for rumba..

hopefully can do soon, nos vemos...

I live in Venezuela. I would suggest you try any of the following dive shops in Caracas:ORCAS and AQUASUB. In both of them you'll find very well prepared technical divers. That said, I should also point out that there are no caves worth exploring in Venezuela. A couple of deep wrecks maybe, although not the Bianca C. No technical diving center in cities other than Caracas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom