Tech1 to Tech2 or Cave1 to Cave2 timeframes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For those who are T2 and C2, how long and how many dives did you have at the T1/C1 level before you upped to T2 or C2?

I took about 2 years to go from C1 to C2 and about 2 years to go from T1 to T2. Probably somewhere in the region of 200 dives between each level, however I did it in this order: T1, C1, T2, C2 So approx 1 year between each.

HTH

John

was that 200 general dives between each level or 200 specific dives between each level? I.e. I did 200 cave 1 dives before moving to cave 2.

Similar for me: 2 years between T1 and T2 (upcoming this June) and some 200 dives in between (150 of them were T1 level dives).

I'm impressed that you're cranking out 75 T1 dives a year. I get 15 to 20 in. Partly due to limited buddies, partly limited sites, long travel distances, limited slack current days to actually do some sites, and lastly weather cancellations. Seems like there's alot conspiring against us sometimes :) I'm glad a I have the capability though.

I'm impressed that you're cranking out 75 T1 dives a year. I get 15 to 20 in. Partly due to limited buddies, partly limited sites, long travel distances, limited slack current days to actually do some sites, and lastly weather cancellations. Seems like there's alot conspiring against us sometimes :) I'm glad a I have the capability though.

Come down here for some T1 diving ... since all my buddies seem to have packed it in/run off ...

I will probably average about 25 T1 dives a year over the last two years at this point, which is kind of crappy in my opinion but when no one ever wants to go diving and then we get blown out for the entire first two months of the year ....

Come down here for some T1 diving ... since all my buddies seem to have packed it in/run off ...

I will probably average about 25 T1 dives a year over the last two years at this point, which is kind of crappy in my opinion but when no one ever wants to go diving and then we get blown out for the entire first two months of the year ....

Last time I did that we got blown out... I still remember LA/Malibu on fire. And not getting out to Farnsworth :(

Last time I did that we got blown out... I still remember LA/Malibu on fire. And not getting out to Farnsworth :(

Bah, fires only happen every few years or so (i.e. the other years we spend the first 2 months of the year getting rained out every weekend, like 2008 has been so far!)

I have some prerequisites fulfilled which makes life easier: two hours drive to the dive site, two teams that I can join (one local T1 team and one T2 team from Italy), dive-center owner is friend of mine and standard member of our T1 team, cheap helium, wether is quite good most of the year, etc. During one weekend we usually make 4 T1 dives; during one diving week (holidays) we make at least 10 T1 dives.

I have some prerequisites fulfilled which makes life easier: two hours drive to the dive site, two teams that I can join (one local T1 team and one T2 team from Italy), dive-center owner is friend of mine and standard member of our T1 team, cheap helium, wether is quite good most of the year, etc. During one weekend we usually make 4 T1 dives; during one diving week (holidays) we make at least 10 T1 dives.

So Richard has no excuse then! (except almost no T1 buddies :)

He has
- His own boat
- His own continuous blend compressor for cheapest He around
- Lake WA, 20 mins from home (13+ wrecks)
- Tacoma (1 hr from home?)
- all kinds of other spots.

He just has to wait around for me to fly in for the weekend to dive!
Sadly, given boat costs around here, and that I can mooch his boat and helium supplies, it's about breakeven for me to fly 1000 miles and get in 2-4 T1 dives compared to doing it locally ...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom