Tech diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya, if my old lady(translated; beautiful bride) was here, I would have been with you.
oh well, next Sunday, hey, an Easter Dive......
besides....I dove her Friday! wow, it was "Lake Oahu".....

so I leave and everything calms down eh? I haven't been in the water yet since our trip last week :( ... at least I get to work tomorrow :D

rockjock3:
How complicated could the words be? They are all in alphabetical order except deco (depth, direction, distance, duration), which makes sense because it will be the last part of the dive.

This is all just crazy talk by a bunch of malcontents.

Me and my buddies would invariably forget at least one of the "D's" -- we'd spend a couple of minutes scratching our heads, and then just go dive!

Amusingly, in our DIR-F course, the person who wrote the powerpoint evidently couldn't remember the last "D" either because they'd just written in "Dive!" ::D

Congratulations... you did something I hope to do someday soon... a deco dive on the SeaTiger... loved my "recreational" dives on it a couple years ago... was awesome... can't imagine (ok I can) how good it was...

Congrats again!

Congrats --- Sounds like a great albeit SADDDD starting dive!

catherine96821:
gasp...what would Mitch Romney say, Jimbo?
I did correct myself and say "beautiful bride". And C, it's Mitt, not Mitch......
I think you need to get a bumper sticker from me so you can remember.....:D
BUT.... If Fred Thompson throws his hat in.............

So, Easter Dive Sunday at the SeaTiger.......Rockjock, you going to foward your Dive plan to the whole Team, Right? We'll take the Rona Lee if my wife gets back Saturday!
Now, to dance to the 8th viewing of happy feet this week..........:monkeydan

pickens_46929:
Congratulations... you did something I hope to do someday soon... a deco dive on the SeaTiger... loved my "recreational" dives on it a couple years ago... was awesome... can't imagine (ok I can) how good it was...

Congrats again!

Awesome. This weekend I will actually get to see inside the Sea Tiger, so I will have to let you know on that.

All in all it seemed like it was going to be overwhelming, but then I hit the water and it all went great. I am already a stickler for details in everyday life anyway, so technical diving seems to fit me so far.

Scuba and Dream:
LoL.....btw he is referring to this:

New dive planning tool- GUE EDGE
GUE is unsatisfied with the previous dive planning tool know as SADDDDD. Divers are
rarely able to use this tool effectively given the confusing relation of similar words.
Going forward GUE will use the acronym GUE EDGE to facilitate dive planning. GUE
Edge is as follows:
G – Goal- Dive objectives
U - Unified team- team strategies
E - Equipment match
E – Exposure- Depth/Time
D - Decompression strategies
G - Gas strategies
E - Environmental issues
Ready to Go Diving:

Responsibilities of each Team Member;
Gas, as in Backgas & Deco Gas MOD;
Diving: that's the five D's, as in 5thD-X:
Depth, Direction, Distance, Duration and Deco. . .

(AG is the one True Imam! Jihad! --on the infidels and perverters of DIR!)

Back
Top Bottom