Tech diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, I advanced to a new level in my current training today. I did my first two-bottle deco dive on the Sea Tiger. I was breathing Helitrox and carrying a 50% and 100% O2 bottle. My instructor was awesome and I led the entire dive from pre-brief (SADDDDD) to debrief. It wasn't a lot of deco for the profile that we chose, but it was still pretty cool taking 15 minutes to ascend from the bottom to the surface of the water and doing stage switches in between.l, I felt really comfortable the whole time and cannot wait until we do more dives.

LoL.....btw he is referring to this:

New dive planning tool- GUE EDGE
GUE is unsatisfied with the previous dive planning tool know as SADDDDD. Divers are
rarely able to use this tool effectively given the confusing relation of similar words.
Going forward GUE will use the acronym GUE EDGE to facilitate dive planning. GUE
Edge is as follows:
G – Goal- Dive objectives
U - Unified team- team strategies
E - Equipment match
E – Exposure- Depth/Time
D - Decompression strategies
G - Gas strategies
E - Environmental issues

How complicated could the words be? They are all in alphabetical order except deco (depth, direction, distance, duration), which makes sense because it will be the last part of the dive.

This is all just crazy talk by a bunch of malcontents.

rockjock3:
How complicated could the words be? They are all in alphabetical order except deco (depth, direction, distance, duration), which makes sense because it will be the last part of the dive.

This is all just crazy talk by a bunch of malcontents.
I think you need to go back to the punchbowl and drink some more "Cool-Aid"
no room for any self thinkers here.........

mrjimboalaska:
I think you need to go back to the punchbowl and drink some more "Cool-Aid"
no room for any self thinkers here.........
That is so SADDDDDDDDDDD

I heard the oddest sound on the Sea Tiger Sunday...I think the old lady was calling your name..."Jimbo Jimbo...I miss youooouuuu..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom