Tech Diving On Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gator4798

Reaction score
My father and I are headed to Bonaire in a month are we are thinking about taking our tech rigs. I know that captain dons rents banded tanks. What have been peoples experiences tech diving on the island? Any advice or suggestions? Anything I need to consider? Thanks in advance!!!

I dove my CCR with Walt at RecTek (www.rectekscuba.com) last month. He was great and can get you any bottles or mix you want. I would recommend the shore dive at Karpata and the Windjammer by boat as the best normoxic-depth sites. I know they followed the chain at Red Slave down over 400 fsw to the anchor if you're looking for something REALLY deep! Have a great trip!

Doug

I did a dive with Walt a couple of years ago. Good guy.

The original plan was to do the Windjammer but it was closed a couple of weeks before I arrived. Went to Karpata instead. It was fun but much prettier at 16 feet than 160!

It is a real shame that it is not possible to dive the Windjammer from shore anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom