• I did Rescue Course because it was a requirement for my tech courses

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I had done Rescue before I considered the Tech route

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • I did Rescue Course for its own value

Votes: 34 42.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my PADI Rescue before going down the tech route, and I would recommend anyone thinking about getting into technical diving to do the very same (with their chosen agency). It makes you a lot more aware of yourself and your buddies incl equipment.
I also teach with ITDA, and I run Tech Rescue courses. Doing a lift from 6m or so (PADI), and doing a lift from 40m are VERY different, especially if someone is wearing a twinset and stages...:11:

Tavi:
Maybe it should be the other way around. Rescue skills should be a part of every Tech course.

When I did my NAUI Tech courses (Technical Nitrox, Deco Proceedures, and Helitrox) We had to demonstrate rescueing a toxing diver. After bringing them to the surface, It was quite an eye opener towing a diver in a Drysuit and doubles!! Big difference!!

No reason this can't be done in a non-technical rescue course.

Dive-aholic:
No reason this can't be done in a non-technical rescue course.

Most people taking non-technical rescue courses aren't diving doubles. :D

True, but they can still experience what it feels like to bring a diver in a drysuit and doubles to the surface and tow to shore. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom