Tech Diver with the 5thd-X team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweitz:
Nice to see that you are running the Universe.

It isn't DIR, you aren't DIR. AG isn't DIR (as a fact, per my own eyes and YOUR own acounts to me personally). Joe isn't DIR.

Nothing wrong with that mind you. You just need to accept it and move on.

AG doesn't make DIR policy, Joe doesn't. Who does? Well, it is JJ and George. Like it or lump it.

Mark
Do you believe everything George writes?

Cute, Jeff replies to me, but also blocks me so I can't answer.

As we have discussed in the past Jeff, I don't believe everything anyone says.

It is funny how easy it is to get you 5thD-X guys all riled up. You all really need to take a chill pill.

Mark

onfloat:
I agree with Chris, perhaps the name of the DIR forum should be changed to the GUE forum.

We could keep the DIR forum and create subforums: GUE, WKPP, 5thD-X, SCRET, NE-UE and maybe "Downtown".

GUE Standards on GUE website:
1.4.1 PO2 Limits. All dives are to maintain a working PO2 of no greater than 1.4 and a resting PO2 of 1.6 +/- .05. Oxygen partial pressures are adjusted downward according to the demands made by diving conditions with an average working PO2 of approximately 1.2. Resting dives are defined as dives during which it is not reasonably expected that a diver will have to expend any unusual amount of energy, for example during decompression.

and

GUE Standards on GUE website:
<Course Limits, Recreational Triox>
1. General Training Limits as outlined in Section 1.4
3. Maximum depth 120 feet (+/- 10 feet)/36 meters (+/- 3 meters)

From looking at those two items, it wouldn't seem that 30/30 is consistent with the 130'/39 meter course depth limit.

Charlie

p.s. Does quoting the GUE website get this thread put back into the DIR forum????? :banana:

Charlie99:
and

From looking at those two items, it wouldn't seem that 30/30 is acceptable.

That's the point I was getting at. Lamont mentioned GUE had changed the MOD of 30/30 from 120' to 100'. I'm just not sure where that new information is listed. My RecTriox card lists the depth as 120', not 130'. Minor difference.

~ Jason

darkpup:
That's the point I was getting at. Lamont mentioned GUE had changed the MOD of 30/30 from 120' to 100'.
Maybe it's just the personal preference of the instructor. :)

Seriously, posts on SB show the wide variance in what is taught in DIR-F classes about things like ascent profiles, surface intervals, fly-after-dive. It's not a big stretch to believe that Rec Triox instructors can be teaching different things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom