Tech Diver with the 5thd-X team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBrightGator:
Would either of you guys mind commenting on the selection of 25/25? Is this a GUE standard mix?

GUE standard mix for Tech 1 depth (around 45 msw range, MOD 57 msw) is 21/35...

TSandM:
Chris, I love your report, because it shows that you could be in this intense class situation and still be enjoying the wonders of the underwater settings you found yourself in.

I can't imagine how much more fun it would be to do something like that class where you were, instead of where I am . . .

I really looking forward to meeting Joe in April.

You know something? You totally "get it". I have enjoyed your enthusiastic posts since you became a member and this is one of my favorites. It shouldn't just be about being in this tiny box (class) it should be about the big picture. In reality if I were just diving I would be enjoying the whole scene and should a left post unfixable occur then I'd of course focus on the problem at hand with the team. I figured heck I came all this way I might as well take some of it in right? :)

Thanks for nice words!
-Chris

OneBrightGator:
Would either of you guys mind commenting on the selection of 25/25? Is this a GUE standard mix?

Hi OBG, nope it's not a standard GUE mix. For this general depth GUE uses 30/30. I took Triox (also from Joe Talavera) and I loved the course but as Tom said this particular class wasn't a GUE course.

-Chris

I don't get why this report has been posted in DIR forums across the 'net?

Mods, shouldn't this thread be removed since it doesn't have anything to do with DIR?

Mark

mweitz:
I don't get why this report has been posted in DIR forums across the 'net?

Mods, shouldn't this thread be removed since it doesn't have anything to do with DIR?

Mark
In your mind only.

onfloat:
Why doesn't it have anything to do with DIR? because it's not GUE? Last I heard GUE had abandoned trying to gain that copyright? AG was the training director for GUE if IIRC and designed this course as well.
You have to understand context.

Mark got a provisional on his Tech 1 from AG and Joe. AG was removed from GUE and Joe did not get his tech 1 instructors qualifications. Mark complained to the two of them about his situation, but because of circumstances they were unable to do anything about it, only GUE could resolve the problem.

He now has has a hard on for anything Joe and AG does.

So this dog fight has nothing to do with DIR...just revenge and spite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom