Tech Diver with the 5thd-X team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blah blah blah! What did you Guys expect?

Because of this report being moved I INSIST that the DIR forum be called the GUE forum.

Whatever moderator moved the report needs to come forward and give us all thorough explanation of why. It's only fair.

-Chris

lamont:
the new MOD GUE is teaching for 30/30 and EAN32 as bottom mix is 100.

Good for them. They're finally acknowledging the mistake as taught in their RecTriox class in 2005.

Anyone taken RecTriox since this change? What gas are they recommending for the 120' range? It would be a shame to nix any benefit from a higher percentage of O2 in this recreational range of diving.

~ Jason

CALI68:
Because of this report being moved I INSIST that the DIR forum be called the GUE forum.

i've been patiently waiting for this flamewar and stockpiling popcorn...

darkpup:
Good for them. They're finally acknowledging the mistake as taught in their RecTriox class in 2005.

Anyone taken RecTriox since this change? What gas are they recommending for the 120' range? It would be a shame to nix any benefit from a higher percentage of O2 in this recreational range of diving.

~ Jason

100-150 is 21/35

lamont:
i've been patiently waiting for this flamewar and stockpiling popcorn...
I don't know who moved the thread ... BUT ... there will be no flamewar, or I'll be pruning this thread of any and all replies not relevent to the original topic.

Those of you who have issues with moderators might have better success if you tried using the "report this post" button ... or PM'ed a specific mod. Public whining doesn't win you much support from this moderator.

Or take it to the appropriate (Whine and Cheeze) forum.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

darkpup:
Depends. 25/25 or 30/30 works great as a gas for Wreck Penetrations at 100'. Going with 21/35 for this type of dive would be overkill IMO, and you'd lose the EAD benefit from a higher percentage of O2 in the mix. The Helium for these types of dives is great for keeping your head clear for running the numbers or working with the line in over-head environments.
That dive is almost exactly what we were doing (close) It was ~110ft, we planned it as 120. Used 21/35, did 40 min's and deco'd out on 50%

I have pm'd the moderator that moved the thread, but have not received a response yet. It was a polite note, I just don't agree with the decision.

What's interesting is that all of the standard gases are helium topped by 32% from 10/70 to Nitrox 32,except for 30/30. Why is that?

I agree with Chris, perhaps the name of the DIR forum should be changed to the GUE forum.

JeffG:
That dive is almost exactly what we were doing (close) It was ~110ft, we planned it as 120. Used 21/35, did 40 min's and deco'd out on 50%

There's a slight difference in the dives we're describing. The 100' Wreck Penetration I described on 30/30 for 30 minutes was within the MDL, where as your dive went beyond the MDLs requiring additional deco. If you wanted to reduce the amount of gear and risks associated with a decompression dive on 50%, 30/30 would give you that option.

~ Jason

Nice to see that you are running the Universe.

CALI68:
I INSIST that the DIR forum be called the GUE forum.

It isn't DIR, you aren't DIR. AG isn't DIR (as a fact, per my own eyes and YOUR own acounts to me personally). Joe isn't DIR.

Nothing wrong with that mind you. You just need to accept it and move on.

AG doesn't make DIR policy, Joe doesn't. Who does? Well, it is JJ and George. Like it or lump it.

Mark

CALI68:
blah blah blah! What did you Guys expect?

Whatever moderator moved the report needs to come forward and give us all thorough explanation of why. It's only fair.

-Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom