Tech Diver with the 5thd-X team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie99:
Maybe it's just the personal preference of the instructor. :)

Seriously, posts on SB show the wide variance in what is taught in DIR-F classes about things like ascent profiles, surface intervals, fly-after-dive. It's not a big stretch to believe that Rec Triox instructors can be teaching different things.

Good point, though you'd think with only 18 U.S. instructors that GUE would be able to keep things straight (41 total world wide). Especially when only 5 of those U.S. instructors are certified to teach RecTriox, and one of the 5 is JJ. You'd think an e-mail to 4 instructors notifying them of changes in the procedures would do it. I've already spoken to 1 of the 4 today about this, and they knew nothing of the changes. I may need to follow up with the other 3, and see what their take on this issue is. I wouldn't want to be "Doing it Wrong" after all.

http://www.gue.com/Training/Instructors/index.html

At the same time, if the standards document was last updated in 2003, there's a good chance the list of instructors has changed also. I did notice that Bob Sherwood is teaching a GUE OW course in April as listed on the GUE Course Schedule. Odd that GUE.com doesn't even list the GUE OW class on their site. Might just be a typo.

~ Jason

mweitz:
Cute, Jeff replies to me, but also blocks me so I can't answer.

As we have discussed in the past Jeff, I don't believe everything anyone says.

It is funny how easy it is to get you 5thD-X guys all riled up. You all really need to take a chill pill.

Mark
Huh??? I didn't block anyone. Not my style.

darkpup:
That's the point I was getting at. Lamont mentioned GUE had changed the MOD of 30/30 from 120' to 100'. I'm just not sure where that new information is listed. My RecTriox card lists the depth as 120', not 130'. Minor difference.

~ Jason

Sherwood conveyed to us a bunch of new standards back around Oct (?), one of them was the 100 fsw MOD of 30/30 and EAN32 (32 may actually have been 90, too, since 100 puts it over 1.2...).

lamont:
Sherwood conveyed to us a bunch of new standards back around Oct (?), one of them was the 100 fsw MOD of 30/30 and EAN32 (32 may actually have been 90, too, since 100 puts it over 1.2...).
What a waste.

onfloat:
25/25 anyone?
Stroke dung, :wink:

Snowbear:
Warning: Trolling, flame-baiting and flames are not allowed.
You would dive 25/25? or 30/30 for that matter?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom