Tec 2G vs. Nitek Trio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDiver11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Howdy fellow SBers,

I've been looking for a computer of my own recently after diving tables for awhile, and it looks like it has come down to be between the two computers listed above, the Tec 2G and the Trio. LP currently has a special lasting until tomorrow in which I can get the console version with compass for $299, after which I can just place them into DSS boots. However, I keep getting drawn back to the Trio. (I've had absolutely no success in finding a used Duo).

Any thoughts as to why I should favor one over the other? I'd end up spending an extra $100 or so for a Trio with DSS boot, but it may be justified if certain features place it above the Tec2G.

Also, I'd like a computer that I can carry along with me as I advance in diving (i.e. tech in the semi-distant future).

Thanks!

The two computers I dive with (for redundancy) are the 2G and the Nitek Duo. The 2G is easy to download without any additional hardware other than an IRDA port on my computer but the numbers are hard to read because they are small (and my eyes are "mature.") I don't download the Duo, but its numbers are far easier for me to read while uinderwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom