Teaching diving in Gran Canaria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if those of you who have taught in Gran Canaria could give me an idea of what it is like to teach there? I have only worked in Asia and so have no idea what to expect. I am a bit worried about the water temperature as I start to shiver uncontrollably after ten minutes in a 5mm wetsuit in 25 degree water. Is it a kind of conveyor-belt style diving there with big groups of people on package tours or is it not that bad? Is it generally a party destination or is it considered more upmarket?
I was also wondering about the marine life, do you get much coral and fish?

If you have dived a lot in for example Thailand would you still be able to appreciate Gran Canaria or would you be too spoiled to enjoy it...?

Many thanks for any info!!

I was diving there last December, enjoyed it pretty much. The water was like 20°C at depth. No Coral but lots of fish, incl. Angelshark, Rays, Trumpetfish, Groupers, Barracuda.

Yeah, the canary Islands are all the Year ok for Diving. Never very cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom