Question CCR divers in Gran Canaria?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finchy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

Did post in central Europe area but, ahhh it's not quite is it haha.

I live in Gran Canaria and am doing my CCR next week in the UK. I want to know if anyone knows of any active CCR divers or clubs here on Gran Canaria, obviously Lanzarote has a few centres and holidaying divers. Just looking for people to dive with, as traveling to splash all the time for CCR dives will be sad.

I have asked around and the dive centres I know but no on knows really (different world). I have seen a few before while I have been in or out of the water but never been able to chat.

Thanks guys and girls

Hi, I hope you are enjoying our wonderful dive sites here in Gran Canaria. What you have discovered is that as the majority of the dive sites have masses to look at in the 20-30m range, and access to deeper sites is limited, there are very few people on the Island who have invested in CCR. The second issue is that most boat captains do not like to mix CCR with normal recreational divers as they don't want the rest of the divers sitting waiting 30-40 minutes on the surface for you. Diving in Gran Canaria is therefore mainly 'recreational'.
However if you talk to Danni at Buceo Pandora, I know that he has invested in a couple of CCR's and when you combine those with the scooters (DPV's) he has, he has been doing long excursions around the secret areas of El Cabrón, Sardina del Norte and other great sites.
Hope this helps.
Brian

Hi Brian

Thanks for getting back to me, I assume you live here as well?. I am indeed enjoying the island, moved over in December. My wife is canarian and we have a son, seemed a no brainer as I'm a commercial diver and travel for work anyway.
I even worked here as a dive master for a while, so I know of Danni at Pandora, but didn't know he had CCR's.

Yeah I had discovered it's not exactly CCR heaven here haha, but I guess Rubicon on Lanzarote isn't far on a binter flight haha.

Thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom