TDI DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recient,y completed SDI dive master, thinking about TDI dive master and have two questions.

What are the annual fees? Will I have to pay fee for both SDI and TDI or does one fee cover both?

Second says that a TDI DM candidate has to repass the highest tech rating. I did extended range by e-learning. Can I reset my e-learning to take the test again? How about doing a full review by retaiking the course over?

thinking about TDI dive master
Why?

IMO a TDI DM is useful only as an insured dive supervisor for insurance purposes. And I'm sure you don't have the same insurance issues in the PI as we do in the states.

I wouldn't have the card except we had to have someone on the LOB that was a qualified dive leader so our insurance covered us.

There's no additional cost for being a TDI DM.

As far as your second question, I don't see that in the standards... You just have to pass the test. I'd ask HQ, but the way I interpret that, is you must have passed the test for any course you are DM'ing.

Back
Top Bottom