Tech1 vs Normoxic trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi
I understand that your Fundie instructor is also your TDI instructor but that (s)he is not teaching T1 level. Correct?
So stay with him(her) and learn and don't worry about the agency.
By the way, who on Cebu forbids air dive below 45. I don't say it is bad; I am just surprised that such a thing is done in the PH.
Enjoy your dives

I think it boils down to: Which instructor teaches the tdi course, are you already fundies certified, and if you have cost/time constraints.
Personally I would lean to tech 1 if you're already fundies tech passed. I think it is much easier to guarantee a good instructor and a class that will not change from instructor to instructor in the GUE world. TDI has great instructors, but they also have some meh instructors. There are people that teach the tdi course that I think will be as good as the gue course. But there's no guarantee. With gue the class should cover all the same stuff no matter who your instructor is. I've seen people come out of a tdi hypoxic course that still can't do what I consider a safe gas switch. That's not an agency issue, it's an instructor issue.
my fundies instructor and tdi class instructors are the same person. yes im tech pass. But tech1 instructor will be different. But the old instructor might be there

Ye
Hi
I understand that your Fundie instructor is also your TDI instructor but that (s)he is not teaching T1 level. Correct?
So stay with him(her) and learn and don't worry about the agency.
By the way, who on Cebu forbids air dive below 45. I don't say it is bad; I am just surprised that such a thing is done in the PH.
Enjoy your dives
yes same but cant teach tech1 yet.

cebu is ok.
was planning to go to subic for the wrecks. They dont allow air dives deeper than 45m… or maybe its a diveshop rule.

my fundies instructor and tdi class instructors are the same person. yes im tech pass. But tech1 instructor will be different. But the old instructor might be there
Then I would assume you’ll get quality instruction either choice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom