Tappahannock Scuba Meetup Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mheaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Tappahannock Scuba Meetup Group - Tuesday Evening (02/23/10 6pm)

Tappahannock Scuba Meetup Group (Tappahannock, VA) - Meetup.com

Trying to drum up a little better attendance! If you can make it we'd love to see you and talk a little bit about Diving! I am looking forward to a busy Dive year this year. I want to make a couple of more trips to Morehead City, NC for some great Wreck Diving. We are also beating around the idea of a August trip to Bonaire. My goal (I may be stupid?) is to try to hit Lake Rawlings Quarry at least once in March (never been there that early!) I will dive there April and May and June is traditionally when it is warm and open FULL Steam Ahead!
I have discovered a GREAT new Scuba Podcast appropriately named Scuba Obsessed. (Scuba Obsessed - netcast for passionate scuba diving enthusiasts) and encourage you to give these Northerners a listen! They are a little bit different as they are relatively new divers but it is quite motivating to listen to their true passion for Diving and to hear of their mid-winter local Ice Diving exploits in MICHIGAN and 33 degree water!
I have been in contact with them and have invited them down for some Virginia Diving in near future! I hope to meet these two guys soon.
I also hope to organize/arrange a pretty much local/backyard dive to the U-1105 German Submarine sunk in the Potomac River this year. This is a somewhat more advanced dive due to 85 foot depth, low visibility and possibility for strong current.
See you on Tuesday night!

Hey Mark how is it going.

I will not make it up your way but keep me posted on your trip to the lake hopfully I will get to make it out sometime. I am doing my AOW the 1st weekend in March so I will be ready for some check dives soon. If Uncle Sam will give me a little more time off every now and then.

Will

Will, good to hear from you! Hope all is well with you and the Navy life! Hopefully will see and dive with you this year! Will keep in touch here!

Hi there - I realize this is an old post, but wanted to see if you guys are still out there. We're in the Northern Neck weekends/ NoVa during the week....only dive in warm waters but were curious about organizing a trip to the sub in the Spring...?

I am still here in Tappahannock and still diving and teaching but I have folded the official Tappahannock Scuba Meetup group due to fairly low interest. If you want to get together sometime for dinner and to talk about diving feel free to contact me here! I am almost always up to talking diving and would love to get out and dive the U-Boat again if/when opportunity comes up!

I'd be interested as well, and feel bad that I just found this thread; I live in King George, so I'm not too far away.

Thx,
KevinL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom