tank VIS and my health

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gonphishing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ok. I bought a Pst 130 from a friend. and it needed a vis. I took it in. I was shown a dime size spot of rust in the btm center of tank. he passed the tank and next year is the hydro. I asked if he could knock it out of there. I didnt really get an answer. and I left. picked the tank up a few days later.

On my way to the channel Islands I discover that my tank was never filled. which I paid for. so I stopped to get it filled on the way. so. I get on the boat, do a dive. pull my first stage off. and the filter is caked with what looks like rust. when I got home I pulled off a few lp hoses and it is everywhere. I guess I got iron lungs now. my regs always seem to have some issues as well. trickling ect. I seem to always have issues getting good service at this dds, friendly, good people. but its always something like this.

any thoughts on my gear and health. thanks.:11:

not the case here. I filled the tank at sports chalet in the east bay on my way down south. it had a fresh vis sticker from just days ago from a local shop up north. the tank was dead empty.

That explains the fill, have the tank tumbled and all should be fine on that end. I dno't know what to tell you about your regulator or your inhaling rust. But this is the internet, the next five posts should give you about eight different opinions.

Actually, I'd service my regulator and consult with a Physician with a specialty in Occupational Medicine. See ... there's two opinions already.

...my regs always seem to have some issues as well. trickling ect. I seem to always have issues getting good service at this dds, friendly, good people. but its always something like this.
It sounds like there is more to the story. If your regs are not working to your satisfaction it should not be a problem to take them back to the LDS who did the servicing.

As for your tank, take it to another LDS and have the vis done again. See what they tell you and compare it to what you were told from the first LDS. BTW, what did they tell you about the tank valve? Was it overhauled?

Does this count as another two opinions??

Oh, yes ... was the drip tube on the valve intact?

there is more. I had me regs services at the same dive shop. when I got them back I didn't check anything until I got home. I was checking the regs a few hrs later and when I cracked the pressure. air flew out of every orifice from my 1st stage. that made me nervous right there. what else was overlooked? also on my first few dives the regs were noisy and didn't seem to work flawlessly. when I took the regs back, I also dropped the tanks for vis. the regs were rebuilt again. and the tank was new vis without a fill. and thats where the rust starts. I took the tanks in today for hydro. Ill se what they say. the same shop took 3-4 months to rebuild my tank valve on another tank. I bought a shock cord for my speargun with the gun on the counter and I walked out with the wrong size. and there's more. maybe this should have been posted on the rants section. bla bla. you get the point! I now treat going into a dive shop just like Im going into the water. dbl check everything.

no rattles in my tank
No ... was a trip tube installed on the valve? Was it missing entirely?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom