Tank Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've opened my pony many times for travel and look around but I don't have the training to know what I'm looking for. When I get to location I blast the inside of the pony with air from another tank (imho removes any humidity) and put the valve on immediately. Then I use my transfer whip to put a few hundred psi in it to keep it that way until I can get to the shop. It avoids any questions and costs for a new VIP every time I get off a plane.

If you’d like the knowledge, I’d recommend taking the SDI class. Much less expensive than the other one.

SDI - My sticker has been accepted in Tobermory, 1 shop in Simco/Orilla, 2 local shops here where I live, also in the Alexandria Bay shops....... My inspector number is penned on all my stickers and my certification is available to be verified online....

I have also learned I am fussier than some of the shops in my inspection....

I am experimenting with printing my own custom stickers it has all the normal words on it and it has my SDI number and marked O2 or Premix my normal shop had no issue with it not sure about others but I have been using the generic amazon stickers for years I never had issues getting fills from the limited shops I have been able to get fills from.

This is the sticker I use:

1660848821712.png

I am registered in their database...

Can I come by and bring you a bunch of tanks ?
Still in the state but a long way away. Staging area for the Great Lakes?

Reminds me of the Friends episode of Kramer taking deposit bottles west for more money...

PS - would trade for skiing....

Is there a possibility that some dive shops will refuse to fill your tank if they don't recognize the name on the sticker as being a brick-and-mortar dive shop? In other words, is there a dive shop bias against independent inspectors?
I’ve never even been questioned about my stickers. Been to Midwest and a couple places in Florida (Panama city and Crystal river area). My PSI number is on there to look up if they want. Granted I’ve heard stories of some lds being quite ignorant in general (actually why I took the class in the first place - bad experience), so always possible, but probably best to find another shop if they do. Who knows what else they may not know…

PS - would trade for skiing....
Now that Summer is coming to an end and thoughts of Winter are upon us. Yes, if you would like to come down I should have free lift tix for you and your family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom