Tank refinishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you ever want to touch up the galvanizing, there's a great product called ZRC galvilite. I stripped my 72s, which were galvanized under paint, then coated them with galvilite. It worked great.

Best there is.

What bands are those, out of curiosity? Nice job on the tanks. If you ever want to touch up the galvanizing, there's a great product called ZRC galvilite. I stripped my 72s, which were galvanized under paint, then coated them with galvilite. It worked great.

The bands are custom built. Most of the bands available here were made for AL80s. I have a parallel thread that discussed it.
I used stripsoll to strip the tanks.

Looked all over the place for a pot of ZRC, but unfortunately, it isn't available here in the Philippines. We do have a lot of yellow chromated zinc primer though - as well as a dearth of environmental controls apparently.

Do you have to repaint them for some reason? I kind of like the classic look of just bare metal (one of my tanks is bare).

Do you have to repaint them for some reason? I kind of like the classic look of just bare metal (one of my tanks is bare).

most folks doing visual inspections on tanks frown upon tanks that have been repainted (other than the factory) because it can hide rust or other imperfections in the tank that might be noted during the visual inspection.

(simply put, if you paint your tank, expect someone at a LDS to give you crap about it.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom