tank manifold question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonniex:
the thread on these manifolds is 3.25"around ... if i wanted to advertise on my ebay ad that they fit standard tanks how could i express that? do is say its a 3/4 thread or what exactly?
It would be hard to say how to advertise it, simply on the basis of the thread description you have given. You would want to say 3/4 NPS or 7/8 UNF, as long as you are certain which it is. If 3/4 NPS (for sure) then 'standard' may be a word that you could use. Not knowing anything about the history of this manifold, however, I can't tell from the picture or your description if it is one of these thread forms, or possibly a (slightly different) European version. The bigger issue is the market for this type of manifold, as several people have mentioned. It is not a matter of whether it is 'that bad'. It is simply not going to be considered a safe and functional manifold for most people diving doubles - no isolator or individual valves, a yoke connection instead of DIN, etc. It is not even a matter of cave vs tec vs recreational. The number of people who want to dive doubles outside of the cave / tec community is small - yes they exist, but there are few of them. Many of them are also cave or tec folks who dive double AL80s or something like that for convenience on recreational dives. And, most of them are using DIN regs in that case, not yoke. Nonetheless, it certainly is an interesting item, and the 'vintage' label may be the most effective marketing approach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom