Tank Inspection Tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deniz Doner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everybody,

This has probably been asked before and if there is a thread on it please send a link.

I have ''visual plus 3'' & ''optical plus'' and I am currently in the market for other inspection tools such as; ultra-violet/normal light, thread tolerance checking gauges, pit measurement devices etc.

Anyone knows where can I get these kind of tools?

Thanks in advance, regards.

I found their lights to be too expensive so I made my own.

It's pretty easy.

I agree. Some of those lights can get pretty expensive. We forget that they are just LIGHTS...lol! A string of Christmas lights works pretty well.

My preferred tank inspection light is a 50 W halogen bulb on the end of a cord.

You can find them in 120 volt versions and attach them to a 6' extension cord via 2 single pin connectors soldered on the ends where you cut off the female end of the cord. If you get real fancy you can install a switch in the cord as well.

Option 2 if you can only find a 12V 2 pin halogen bulb in the 20-50 W range is to do the same thing, but wire the bulb to a 12 volt battery or two 6 volt latern batteries in series.

Back
Top Bottom