Tampa wrecks/sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be in Tampa for the first week of November. What are the wrecks to see or sites to dive. Boat charters or shore dives and shops. 130' or less.

Capt. Ty runs a charter out of St. Pete and does the local wrecks and artificial reefs around Pinellas County. He's on the board so send him a PM. Some good ones are the Sheridan, the Fin Barge, the South Jack Wreck and the 10 Fathom Wreck.

What's the general location of the South Jack Wreck and the 10 Fathom Wreck? Sounds like two sites I should visit. Thanks!

What's the general location of the South Jack Wreck and the 10 Fathom Wreck? Sounds like two sites I should visit. Thanks!
From Long Boat Pass marker South Jack is about 18.2 statute miles on a heading of 276 magnetic.

Just looked it up. Is the deck all at 100'. Wondering about bottom time with a single tank.

The Sheridan, Blackthorn and Fin Barge are all around 80' to the bottom. The South Jack Wreck and the 10 Fathom wreck are about 60' to the sand. These wrecks are also closer to shore, lending themselves to shorter (and cheaper) charters.

Sounds like the South Jack and 10 Fathoms wrecks are sites to see then. Has anyone been out there lately? If so, report?

I was about 8-10 miles out of Indian Rocks today - depth of 39' and the vis was about 20+/- feet. Seas were calm and it was generally a really nice day on/in the water.

Just looked it up. Is the deck all at 100'. Wondering about bottom time with a single tank.

100' or a bit more and you should get, depending on your air consumption rate, 20 to 30 minutes on and AL 80 with 28% nitrox. Varies with each diver though.

Sounds like the South Jack and 10 Fathoms wrecks are sites to see then. Has anyone been out there lately? If so, report?

I was about 8-10 miles out of Indian Rocks today - depth of 39' and the vis was about 20+/- feet. Seas were calm and it was generally a really nice day on/in the water.

So it was a "swell" day :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom