Tampa Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
[c] *****Mod Post*****

Greetings Divers! Just a friendly reminder that trips are posted to the main Florida Conch Forum Trips and Marketplace so that everybody may see them and join in on the fun! :)

*****Mod Post*****

[/c]

:iconeutra Are you sure that is a 100% correct :confused:

Local dives go under their respective club was our understanding. For instance, if a boat is going out that can only hold five - five from the club area are invited - usually first come first serve.:)

Perhaps we should wait until the final set-up is finished Miss Jenny/when El returns :ne_nau: As always, I am happy to follow the rules when they are put in place. :) Just let me know. If I am wrong, let me know. I will be sure to help everyone follow what is put in place.

**Today was a big day. Lots got together with the newbs to get to know each other and the like. So b 4 things are changed I just want to be 100% correct is all. Especially since, like I said, so many are new, I 'd hate to add even more confusion to the mix. BTW, The club is enjoying its new space and really expanding with the new set-up. We have new peeps coming out of the woodwork :yeahbaby:

No reason to wait for El to get back. :) Putting dives in a local trips and happenings forum excluded many many divers. This is what was voted and agreed upon a few weeks ago. ONE Conch forum for general information, and ONE Trips forum for ALL trips. The old way with multiple trips and marketplace forums many divers missed dives and the opportunity to mingle with locals. This is especially true with visiting divers. Those that did not know the geography of Florida were confused as to which forum to post a trip.
The addition of the Tampa forum was for the local Tampa divers to have their own "chat" forum.
The way it is now, with ONE Trips forum includes everybody!
I am happy to get this resolved and no more confusion. Glad I could help! :)

Scuba_Jenny:
No reason to wait for El to get back. :) Putting dives in a local trips and happenings forum excluded many many divers. This is what was voted and agreed upon a few weeks ago. ONE Conch forum for general information, and ONE Trips forum for ALL trips. The old way with multiple trips and marketplace forums many divers missed dives and the opportunity to mingle with locals. This is especially true with visiting divers. Those that did not know the geography of Florida were confused as to which forum to post a trip.
The addition of the Tampa forum was for the local Tampa divers to have their own "chat" forum.
The way it is now, with ONE Trips forum includeds everybody!
I am happy to get this resolved and no more confusion. Glad I could help! :)

Exactly right, sistuh! Conchs rule!!! :fruit:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2870439&postcount=34

So the clubs are really just supposed to be a chat thread? Then I am confused. We could have just stickied the thread that we kept running for a year then.:shakehead I thought local stuff was to go under clubs. If it was a big event then in went in the main forum. Lastly, all trips were to be posted in the Main Conch Calendar. If the case is that all local trips, local gatherings and the like are to be in the main forum, well just over the last week or so that makes for a lot of threads to moved (not that they have to be). Reason being, we hi-jacked a bunch of new people. Turned their intros into coming out and meeting the local folk :D

BTW, if anyone hadn't noticed The Tampa thing has been hoppin' with how we have been using the new structure. :multi: Seems people find the area they need easy enough and it has been easier to keep track. More people have jumped in on local diving, more people have been vocal, it has been great :bananalama:

That was mine also.I am almost positive I saw that in there somewhere in the debate thread.

As I said, my understanding was that was to be for big trips. Not every single local one. As I stated, I am happy to wait 'til El returns, especially since he was running the whole thing and was looking at things w/o bias.

I hope we are right, I had no idea just how beneficial a club was going to be. To think I was semi-against it but with all of the people coming out of the woodwork... This is the best thing I have seen. Heck the Tampa thread is all but dead.

I posted the link to this earlier, in post #6:

Also - where would trip reports and conditions go??

Quoted by El:

It depends. If you're just posting information for your own group, then the club forum would be the best location. On the other hand, if you want to share the info with other divers, the relevant (sub)forum would be the best location.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom