Tampa road trip, 8/19 -8/20, Boynton/Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After looking at Mapquest it would appear Hibiscus Ave. and El Mar Dr. are in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea .... is that the place ?

All sounds ok with me but I need the "meet at the beach at X o'clock time" because I will be traveling a different route and need to allow time to rent a tank at Kev's. Are we diving 1 or 2tanks at beach?

Bruce

As soon as Scott and John post if that plan works for them, we can then figure how long it will take to drive from GCD's to Hibiscus and give you a meet time.

To be safe, I'd bring two tanks for the shore diving.

And yes, the particular area we will be diving is considered Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.

All sounds ok with me but I need the "meet at the beach at X o'clock time" because I will be traveling a different route and need to allow time to rent a tank at Kev's. Are we diving 1 or 2tanks at beach?

Bruce

I would like to leave early, but I need to talk to the other two, the earlier the better I think.:eyebrow:

I can leave anytime after 05:30 .... drive time from Trinity to Lauderdale is 4 1/2 to 5 hours according to Mapquest. So, theoretically, I could be there by 12 noon including stopping to pick up a tank or 2.

As soon as Scott and John post if that plan works for them, we can then figure how long it will take to drive from GCD's to Hibiscus and give you a meet time.

To be safe, I'd bring two tanks for the shore diving.

And yes, the particular area we will be diving is considered Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.

It will be 4 1/2hrs from my house.:coffee:

It will be 4 1/2hrs from my house.:coffee:

Let's leave from your place 'bout 8.

Shoot me the link to that hotel again and when pop back up here I will book the room.

OK .... how about we meet at Hibiscus Beach at 1 pm (8am depart GCD's and 4 1/2 hour drive with 1/2 hour buffer). I will get my brunch/lunch on the way to picking up tanks in Boynton Beach. We can then check in at hotel after beach dives and go for dinner later. I think check-in is 3pm or later.

How bout leave 7am :D
maybe we can get Marvel to dive with us tuesday, being it is in her side yard,

Deal. Will check with Marvel, see if she can get some time to hang out. Perhaps in the evening, as I know she works. So Bruce, what you said but back it up an hour.

BT - go ahead and grab a room for yourself. GCD/Scott5644 I've sent a text to Marvel to c which hotel it is that she always recommends. As soon as I get that information and compare hotels, I will let you know which one I am going to book for us.

Joystershell is going to be meeting us for lunch after the boat dives with Kev, perhaps some others as well. :) If it is all right by you guys, we usually do a little buffet near Two Georges Marina. Chinese buffet with sushi - good price and good food :multi:

OK. We will all meet at Hibiscus Beach at 12 noon on 08/19 .... correct?

I will make my own lodging arrangements.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom