Tallahassee Area Caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Emerald is cool. The upstream side is shallow and pretty neat. Hang a right at the 1st T and it’s big and pretty and you’ll go under a few sinks. Keep right at the 2nd T and you’ll end up at the Black Abyss. Big af. Downstream is deep but super impressive. Trimix territory.

Sounds like maybe a weekend or two for the upstream portion?

Sounds like maybe a weekend or two for the upstream portion?
Probably just two dives, or one if you plan it right. It doesn’t go very far upstream before dropping to like 200’+ at the black abyss.
545A34C4-5A69-43B7-9D26-659D80D97AA9.jpeg

Anything worth seeing down in the Black Abyss? Worth bringing my trimix tanks for a dive?

Probably just two dives, or one if you plan it right. It doesn’t go very far upstream before dropping to like 200’+ at the black abyss.View attachment 719974

It's close to 2000' to the abyss. The first half is all at 40' deep though.

I love that cave.

Anything worth seeing down in the Black Abyss? Worth bringing my trimix tanks for a dive?
The passage after the abyss is pretty impressive. The line(s) might be a little sus though.

I’m unaware of any good video of the section just past the abyss, but this video is from the cave past the bitter end up toward big dismal and is fairly representative of the passage north of the black abyss:

I’d recommend doing the shallow stuff first and getting a handle on those lines before trying to sign up for some not trivial decompression in there. Like Ken said, there’s some up-downs that need to be accounted for and understood which can complicate the deco a bit.

This cave in Tallahassee (Church Sink) was looking pretty blue in February but we did not dive it. Bit of a hike and definitely on private property unfortunately.

273644837_10101585643040989_6582777359501187881_n.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom